Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mundine in New Controversy, Won't Stand For 'Racist' Anthem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mundine in New Controversy, Won't Stand For 'Racist' Anthem

Former world champion Anthony Mundine has once again created controversy, by stating that he won't stand for the national anthem before his rematch against rival Danny Green on Friday at Adelaide Oval. The former professional rugby league player told SBS the anthem was an insult to Indigenous people, and should be changed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mundine must watch CNN.....feel sorry for the bloke.

Comment

Probably a liberal lunatic.....

Comment

I really really cant stand this guy, but if that's how he feels he has the right to express hinself. .freedom of speech,expression, etc is a cornerstone to free a nation..Still doesn't justify that he's an ass hat.

Comment

he is right thought but I guess most on here are too ignorant or too stupid, or both to even bother researching it or understand what they find if they do research it lol

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Mundine must watch CNN.....feel sorry for the bloke.
            Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            Probably a liberal lunatic.....
            LOL I don't get why people get butthurt over someone because they decide to stand for an anthem instead of sitting.

Comment

i dunno the australian nat'l anthem, so if hes correct, good for him thats integrity.

Comment

South Africa's National Anthem has 4 verses in 5 different Languages. Xhosa, Zulu, Sotho, Afrikaans and English

I've seen personally how folks pick and choose what verses to sing. Black folks and liberal English speaking white folks sing the first two verses and the last Verse. Conservative Black folks (Ironically the far left) only sing the first two verses. Conservative English folks only sing the Last two or just the Last verse. White Afrikaans folks only sing the 3rd verse.

Mixed race people just sing everything and Indian folks tend not to sing anything.

It doesn't matter to us if we sit or stand as long as one shows the proper respect in not heckling the anthem or the anthem of other countries it is all good.

Comment

Originally posted by ceylon mooney View Post
                  i dunno the australian nat'l anthem, so if hes correct, good for him thats integrity.
                  Australians all let us rejoice,
                  For we are young and free;
                  We've golden soil and wealth for toil;
                  Our home is girt by sea;
                  Our land abounds in nature's gifts
                  Of beauty rich and rare;
                  In history's page, let every stage
                  Advance Australia Fair.
                  In joyful strains then let us sing,
                  Advance Australia Fair.

Really don't see how anything in there is racist....

I think the problem with some of today's society is people feel validated for making a huge problem over small things. But don't do a damn thing about the issues that actually effect people.

An anthem is a freaking song. Change the song today and what happens tomorrow? People are still going hungry. People are still losing jobs. Kids are still getting obese and being diagnosed with diabetes. Changing a song changes NOTHING. People need to stop being attention whores.

Comment

sit, stand, roll over...........

wgaf ?!?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                    X