Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" - A Rematch Timed Right and A Return Too Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" - A Rematch Timed Right and A Return Too Soon

by David P. Greisman - Francisco Vargas was in one of the best fights of 2015, got back in the ring seven months later and wound up in one of the best fights of 2016. He came back after another seven months off and went directly into another battle, a warrior who knew nothing but returning to the frontlines in order to make headlines. His was a return that came too soon. Carl Frampton and Leo Santa Cruz were in one of the better fights of last year. They met again just six months later. They entertained once more...
    [Click Here To Read More]

I've always liked the Japanese logic of 'if your undefeated, why retire?'
    If your good enough to keep winning and on top of the sport, why give it up?

In saying that, i agree with the author in that Vargas deserves a long rest and then some easy fights.

Comment

Those snakes at golden girl just used up bandido for a few fights and now that guy is messed up for life.....

Comment

Never fight 3 violent fights in a row.......Duh

When will trainers, boxers, conditioning coaches learn. If you fight a violent fight, then another 7 months later you need at least 9 months for the 3rd. Duh. The reason you have to extend it each time is because,the training, the previous two fights damage the body in such a way as to take a toll and increase the recovery time each time. The first time usually the body recovers in 3-4 months which allows you to fight in 7 months the second time it takes 5-7 months. Which is why you don't fight sooner than 9 months. Because you have to give scar tissue, neurological/vascular system and body more time to heal after the second time around. I'm so shocked nobody seems to understand this very basic concept that can be medically tested. SMH

Comment

It was a great fight for the fans but there's little chance that it won't have an everlasting negative impact on Vargas' career. He has given everything to the sport and like many fighters who are repeatedly in memorable wars, the sport is not likely to compensate him fairly for his sacrifice, dedication and devotion.
          Also, I know Vargas is a warrior and a proud fighter who would've carried on regardless of the damage he incurred but the fight really should've been stopped rounds earlier than it was. Vargas had nothing left and was out on his feet for at least 3 rounds. If he wasn't so damn tough and capable of miraculous comebacks, they probably would've stopped it!

Comment

Working...
          X