Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz vs. Carl Frampton II - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz vs. Carl Frampton II - CompuBox Punch Stats

Leo Santa Cruz regains the WBA featherweight title by exploiting his reach advantage through his underrated jab, which was thrown 34.8 times per round and averaged 6.8 connects. This allowed Santa Cruz to command range and, ultimately, the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Leo's jab was the difference maker.

Comment

Frampton has now been outpunched in 3 straight fights. Quigg outpunched him 85-83 and Santa Cruz outpunched him 255-242 and 230-133.

Comment

Fu.ck.

Leo is elite fighter.

Very good work with his jab and boxing IQ.

Santa Cruz is a rare boxer.

Comment

Santa Cruz defense is very underrated

He only took 135 punches from a good fighter like Frampton.

Comment

This fight was Leo's masterpiece. I was shocked. I did not think he could find a way to beat Frampton.

Comment

Originally posted by Randomum View Post
              This fight was Leo's masterpiece. I was shocked. I did not think he could find a way to beat Frampton.
              I was shocked that a lot of people were picking Frampton. I actually thought that Leo would take in a much closer fight. Leo was great Saturday night and fought much better. Frampton should have been favourite but Leo definitely overlooked.

Comment

Leo wins the trilogy. The 1st fight he wasn't ready he wasn't using his reach advantage and came on way too late but still was able to have success and lose a close decision. Had he woken up a few rounds sooner he could have possible got the w. As long as he continues to use his reach to his advantage and not get drawn into a brawl too frequently he'll win again and maybe by a slightly larger margin. The taller longer fighter with at least b+ defense and good counter punching skills 9/10 beats the guy coming forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                  Leo wins the trilogy. The 1st fight he wasn't ready he wasn't using his reach advantage and came on way too late but still was able to have success and lose a close decision. Had he woken up a few rounds sooner he could have possible got the w. As long as he continues to use his reach to his advantage and not get drawn into a brawl too frequently he'll win again and maybe by a slightly larger margin. The taller longer fighter with at least b+ defense and good counter punching skills 9/10 beats the guy coming forward.
                  I agree with you. Unless Frampton does something special now I don't see how he can beat Leo.

Comment

Working...
                  X