No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frankie Gomez Goes AWOL From Wild Card Gym, Says Roach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frankie Gomez Goes AWOL From Wild Card Gym, Says Roach

Last May on the Canelo Alvarez vs. Amir Khan undercard at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Frankie Gomez won a clear-cut ten round unanimous decision over veteran Mauricio Herrera. But the undefeated welterweight contender has not fought since. In fact, he hasn't been at the Wild Card Boxing Club to train with Freddie Roach in months.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Shocker......Frankie Gomez is a wasted talent who doesn't care and has ruined a lot of opportunities that others deserve.....

Just to think if he actually gave a damn he would be world champion right now......Instead he's not even a has been he's a never was.....

Hope that changes but I don't know who or what can change this guy's mind set.

Comment

Frankie Gomez, add him to the list of wasted talents in boxing.
      Bojado, Williams Jr., Mays, Hickman, Womack, Nunn and now Gomez.
      I'm worried about Verdejo and Benavidez too.

Comment

Tired act.

Comment

Damn I didn't know he was as good as Manny P or that dominant
          Gomez didn't really stand out from what I remember
          Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
            I think you forgot Gamboa.

Comment

AGAIN? WOW! You have to keep someone like that ACTIVE or else he will lose interest quick and go back to East LA and hang with his Friends and might never comeback to the gym again. It is SAD but Frankie doesn't seem like someone with all the Politics and Media stuff he probably loves Fighting just not all the other Stuff that comes with it

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                It sucks though cause he is only 24. Guys like that needs to be more active in boxing.

Comment

Shame. Maybe he'll get it together. He's only 24.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                    It sucks though cause he is only 24. Guys like that needs to be more active in boxing.
                    I just don't understand, Bojado was a wasted talent already at 19, Williams at 22, Womack at 24, Nunn at 26 and Mays and Hickman were wasted talents even before they turned professionals.
                    Gomez was a silver world medalist at 19, losing against an olympic bronze an future olympic champion, he's only 24, he looked better than anyone against Herrera, but it seems he just doesn't wants it.

Comment

Working...
                    X