Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Richard Commey, Fredrick Lawson Back in Action on March 11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Richard Commey, Fredrick Lawson Back in Action on March 11

In celebration of Ghana's 60th Independent Anniversary, Streetwise Promotions in association with Errol Hawks Sports Management present an outstanding professional boxing event on Saturday, March 11 at the newly built Bukom Boxing Arena in the capital city of Ghana.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope Commey gets a shot at the IBF again this year. He has unfinished business with both Easter Jr and Shafikov

Comment

Looking forward to it. Commey had made a fan of me, even through his last two losses. A boxer with enough talent to be interesting and enough grit to keep it entertaining.

Comment

Solid showcase.More dumb belts but that's boxing

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          I hope Commey gets a shot at the IBF again this year. He has unfinished business with both Easter Jr and Shafikov
          I doubt he gets the rematches but there are other routes he could go. Im surprised none of the big promoters are picking this guy up, he has the skill to become a title holder or to be a good gatekeeper thatd expose some prospects. Good guy to have on your side imo...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            I doubt he gets the rematches but there are other routes he could go. Im surprised none of the big promoters are picking this guy up, he has the skill to become a title holder or to be a good gatekeeper thatd expose some prospects. Good guy to have on your side imo...
            Yeah I was thinking maybe Frank Warren could pick him up and pair him with his other African talent, Zolani Tete. But I guess he's too much of a threat to Terry Flanagan

To get another shot at the IBF he will likely need to make himself the mandatory, since I doubt Easter Jr or Shafikov (whoever wins) will be in a major hurry to relive that nightmare, but it should be doable considering that Verdejo will almost certainly go the WBO route. That just leaves Tatli as the next highest ranked contender, which shouldn't be a problem for Commey
            Last edited by NEETzsche; 01-19-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Looking forward to it. Commey had made a fan of me, even through his last two losses. A boxer with enough talent to be interesting and enough grit to keep it entertaining.
              Yeah he fights like a hungry fighter. I really enjoyed Commey vs. Easter Jr. showed what both guys have.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                Yeah I was thinking maybe Frank Warren could pick him up and pair him with his other African talent, Zolani Tete. But I guess he's too much of a threat to Terry Flanagan

To get another shot at the IBF he will likely need to make himself the mandatory, since I doubt Easter Jr or Shafikov (whoever wins) will be in a major hurry to relive that nightmare, but it should be doable considering that Verdejo will almost certainly go the WBO route. That just leaves Tatli as the next highest ranked contender, which shouldn't be a problem for Commey
                Its sad that promoters wont pick guys up because they dont want the competition within their stable. With boxing becoming bigger and bigger by the day in Europe, itd benefit European promoters and African fighters to do more business together. Africa's produced a lot of talent...

Comment

Working...
                X