Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs' Trainer Says Pirog Fight Should Have Been Cancelled

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jacobs' Trainer Says Pirog Fight Should Have Been Cancelled

Daniel Jacobs comes into his impending battle against Gennady Golovkin with a record of 32-1 with 29 stoppages. But many pundits are more focused on the one blemish on his ledger than the multitude of victories, which came on July 31st 2010 at the hands of Dmitry Pirog, who stopped him in five rounds to capture the vacant WBO middleweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This **** is going to be sweet.

Comment

Oh yeah, he kept his left hand too low and kept eating that overhand right from Pirog because of his Grandma. Got it.

Comment

I thought regardless he looked good in spells against Pirog, I'd say the only fault was his immaturity as a fighter he hadn't yet grown up fully but now he has so we shall see what he does in March.

Comment

i shoulda bought amazon stock in '97

Comment

Psychological distractions can be a huge deal so I will not discredit this statement. That said, Jacobs is Gennady's biggest threat at 160 and if he gets hit clean I know he can get hurt. Danny can pop and throws fast, hard shots. GGG should get good credit if he wins this one. I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              i shoulda bought amazon stock in '97
              I should bought youtube stock in 98

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                Psychological distractions can be a huge deal so I will not discredit this statement. That said, Jacobs is Gennady's biggest threat at 160 and if he gets hit clean I know he can get hurt. Danny can pop and throws fast, hard shots. GGG should get good credit if he wins this one. I can't wait.

Psychological distractions don't affect someone punch resistance . U can't just act like that fight was a fluke . Danny got knocked out ! Then to top it off got dropped by light punching Sergio Mora . Jacob's is good but his Chin is super suspect . Anyone saying otherwise didn't watch the Pirog or Mora fights .

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                  Psychological distractions don't affect someone punch resistance . U can't just act like that fight was a fluke . Danny got knocked out ! Then to top it off got dropped by light punching Sergio Mora . Jacob's is good but his Chin is super suspect . Anyone saying otherwise didn't watch the Pirog or Mora fights .
                  I didn't say it was a fluke but yea, if you're not fully focused in training at the highest level, you get hit with shots that you may have otherwise avoided.

Anyone with slightly basic boxing knowledge understands this.

Comment

Who cares the man is 12 and 0 with 12 KO's since. People trying to turn boxing into college football lol. You are allowed to improve in boxing. This is the biggest fight in boxing early this year and I can't see why people are going out of their way to discredit it.

Comment

Working...
                    X