Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Badou Jack Putting in Work For James DeGale Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Badou Jack Putting in Work For James DeGale Unification

LAS VEGAS - Super middleweight champion Badou Jack spoke to media in Las Vegas Thursday, just days before he travels across the country for his world title unification showdown against James DeGale on Saturday, January 14 from Barclays Center in Brooklyn and live on SHOWTIME(r).
    [Click Here To Read More]

he's training southpaw for this?? probably getting ready for DeGale's switch stances

Comment

Is this same boxer from Zambia who was destroyed by some Asian boxer in 2008 Olympics? I guess it was first round

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
        Is this same boxer from Zambia who was destroyed by some Asian boxer in 2008 Olympics? I guess it was first round
        He represented Gambia and not Zambia and it wasnt just by some asian boxer. He did infact lose in the opening fight against Vijander Singh, look him up as he recently turned PRO.

Comment

Looking lean and mean. IMO, his best bet is to pressure when DeGale has his lapses in activity (which he does habitually). If Jack blows those opportunities, he throws away the fight.

Comment

Man, I consider myself a casual boxing fan (and I'm proud of it, btw, don't have much time to spend on people who get hit in the head) so I even don't know who I'd be rooting for in this fight, ha ha. But I'll check it
            Last edited by g27region; 01-06-2017, 02:58 AM.

Comment

I think Badou beats him on points too.

James just can't stop putting HIMSELF on the ropes. At times he can defend intelligently on the ropes but he certainly doesn't do anything offensively when there. He's been doing it his whole career. Goes to show that boxing at times is instinctual. I can't imagine that McDonnell doesn't spend at least 10 minutes every day telling him not to do it. He obviously feels comfortable there but the whole time he is there he is losing that moment of the fight.

Comment

I am not a huge fan of either to be honest.

Jack is just not that good and Degale (while talented) is too over confident in his own abilities.

I pick Degale on a UD - boring fight.

Comment

I like DeGale more than Jack, but I do like both. I think Jack is way more consistent throughout his fights than DeGale is, but DeGale overall is a better boxer than Jack.

If DeGale can be consistent and doesn't have multiple lapses every round then he can win on points. I just don't know if I see that happening for an entire fight.

Either way it should be a good fight, my head tells me DeGale will pull it out, but deep down I feel like Jack may take this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                    I am not a huge fan of either to be honest.

Jack is just not that good and Degale (while talented) is too over confident in his own abilities.

I pick Degale on a UD - boring fight.
                    Log off and find something else to do.

Comment

Working...
                    X