Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Eyes Big 2017, Andrzej Wawrzyk Eyes History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Eyes Big 2017, Andrzej Wawrzyk Eyes History

For the second time in as bouts, Deontay Wilder will put his unbeaten record and heavyweight title on the line in his home state of Alabama live in primetime on free-to-air Fox TV. The 31-year old fully recovered from injuries sustained in his last start defends his belt for the fifth time as he faces Poland's Andrzej Wawrzyk on February 25.

[Click Here To Read More]

Everyone who's ever become famous started out somewhere.
    Man, they are pulling out variations on all the classic "I don't want to fight the best, but I want to keep making money with my cherry picks, so I really need to sell some bull****" lines straight from Floyd's prime.

Next up, pulling a random 5 year old off the street.
    "They say his chances are only one in ten billion, but that means every ten billion, there is one, so I have to train like this is it, otherwise it could be."
    It all sounds so scripted man. They even got Warwzyk to sneak in how Wilder's belt is "the most prestigious one," just like after Wilder knocked out the last Polish guy, they somehow got them to take a picture of him in the hospital with his wife holding him. It's as if they are adding a few grand extra to the purses of these guys if they tow the party line about Wilder, or take pictures from the hospital to make him look like a destroyer (which to be fair he is but he waited until the Klitschkos were basically retired before making his move despite being 31, probably because they don't think his chin or defense are good enough to be the true champ at heavyweight. That's not champ behavior to duck/wait out like that). It sounds crazy but I'm starting to think that it might just be the way Al Haymon operates.
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 01-04-2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Man I wish Vitali would come back as champion emeritus and take this fraud out

Mind you wilder would drop the title rather than face the afrocutioner

Comment

Wawrzyk is a terrible opponent for a world title shot.

Povetkin took him out easily, and since then Wawrzyk's been recovering from serious injuries in an auto accident.

Wilder has only faced ONE boxer (Stiverne) ranked in the HW top ten. He's had one of the worst HW world title runs of all time. The WBC favor him and permit him to fight very soft opposition like helpless Wawrzyk and poor shot Arreola or some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2017 View Post
          Man I wish Vitali would come back as champion emeritus and take this fraud out

Mind you wilder would drop the title rather than face the afrocutioner
          Wilder doesn't have an afro though so Vitali would be lost...

If you meant Africutioner, you are just furthering the cycle of one race joking about another, then that race taking it personal and starting to hate the other, then the other noticing they are hated and starting to hate back. It doesn't help anything. Expose bias on the facts, expose double standards or unfairness using facts, but don't make non-specific insults around on race.

Comment

Really don't know enough about this guy, it's a common opponent of Povetkin and he's not lost since 2013 but he has hardly been fighting top level opponents to put himself in this position.

Maybe his size might cause some problems but I doubt it, I sort of think why not just fight Stiverne instead he is free sure it would have been short notice but Stiverne was trained and ready so its not short notice with him not having had a good camp.
            Boxing confuses the **** out of me sometimes, so many pointless fights I ain't saying Wilder has no good wins but this does nothing for him.

Comment

The volume of Wilder defenders is thinning out, rapidly.

Comment

At least I think Wilder doesn't have an afro. I remember him being black and yelling a lot, but I don't recall an afro. Some people who are black and yell a lot have afros, yes, but some people who have afros are not black, and do not yell a lot, or, they are black, but do not yell a lot, or, they yell a lot, but are not black.

Wilder, from my personal recollection, falls in one of the latter, non-afro'd, categories.
                Last edited by Boxing Logic; 01-04-2017, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Anthony Joshua is about a 2:1 favorite to defeat Wladimir Klitschko on April 29 at Wembley.

David Haye is a 7:1 favorite to beat Tony Bellew on March 4 at the O2 in London.

Deontay Wilder is a 60:1 favorite to defeat Andrzej Wawrzyk on February 25 in Birmingham, Alabama.

Comment

A 62 to 1 favorite? Great job Al Haymon.
                    Elie nutthugger, there you have it your boy Wilder fighting the toughest competition out there. You must be proud, now you can get on your blowhorn and tell us all your lame but very amusing arguments? Come on blowhard, Elie you can do it

Comment

Working...
                    X