Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene 2016 Fight Of The Year - Yamanaka-Moreno II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BoxingScene 2016 Fight Of The Year - Yamanaka-Moreno II

Roughly the same time one year ago, Shinsuke Yamanaka and Anselmo Moreno ended their bantamweight title fight with more questions than answers.

Their rematch this past September not only resolved all lingering issues, but produced the type of high-level drama worthy of being celebrated as the BoxingScene.com 2016 Fight of the Year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I got stick and geography lessons for saying Marquez's end of the year list was short sighted. He ignored some very dangerous Asian fighters, and serious wars. Ruiz vs Hasagawa was total devastation. We'll never see Hozumi in a ring again, and Ruiz got his battle ship sunk. I was pulling for Ruiz, I won't lie, but that's no reason to deny Hasegawa's accolades. I bet Ruiz would have been on Marquez's list if he had won.

Comment

The only correct answer. One of the best fights I have ever seen. It wasn't a wild brawl ala Gatti-Ward (which I'm not a big fan of tbh). It was two very educated fighters putting on a fantastic educated war.

Comment

Good choice

My overall favourite was actually Buglioni vs. Burton, but this was my favourite with a world title on the line

Comment

I'm sure as **** not going to disagree. That was a great fight.

Comment

War Chemito!!! Win or lose I ride with my guy

Comment

I'm surprised boxingscene did not pick Golovkin vs. Brook the way they been botching these awards and the P4P rankings.

Comment

I picked Thurman/Porter.

Two champions on primetime TV for the first time since 1978 & they delivered.

In terms of pure action, I'd go with Salido/Vargas, which reminded me of Castillo/Corrales I at times.

Comment

Working...
                X