Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mora: Daniel Jacobs Chin is Suspect, But He Can Hurt Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mora: Daniel Jacobs Chin is Suspect, But He Can Hurt Golovkin

Nobody knows Daniel Jacobs (32-1, 29 KOs) better than his most recent opponent, former world champion Sergio Mora. Mora fought Jacobs twice since last August. In their first fight, in August of 2015, both fighters went down in the first round. Mora went down again in the second, and fractured his ankle in the process and was unable to continue. Jacobs was awarded the victory by TKO.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jacobs has the power to hurt Golovkin but the big worry for him is that chin of his. Is Pirog still an active fighter? I would liked to have seen Jacobs fight him in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
      Jacobs has the power to hurt Golovkin but the big worry for him is that chin of his. Is Pirog still an active fighter? I would liked to have seen Jacobs fight him in a rematch.
      Pirog retired years ago because of a serious back injury. Jacobs chin is the big question here.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
        No. GGG signed to fight Pirog for low money years ago, after Pirog beat Jacobs, but Pirog injured his back training for the GGG fight. That's what's so funny about people saying GGG would duck Jacobs, or won't fight the best. He already signed to fight the other best guy years ago, for way less money than he would get to fight Jacobs now, so why would he duck Jacobs and give up more money when he was willing to fight the guy who KO'd Jacobs for less money?

Just shows what a beast GGG is that he was willing to fight Pirog for low reward, high risk low reward, but people still question him while praising Adonis Stevenson or whoever else who always talk about risk/reward as justification for DUCKING fights. GGG has none of that. He will fight the best, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          No. GGG signed to fight Pirog for low money years ago, after Pirog beat Jacobs, but Pirog injured his back training for the GGG fight. That's what's so funny about people saying GGG would duck Jacobs, or won't fight the best. He already signed to fight the other best guy years ago, for way less money than he would get to fight Jacobs now, so why would he duck Jacobs and give up more money when he was willing to fight the guy who KO'd Jacobs for less money?

Just shows what a beast GGG is that he was willing to fight Pirog for low reward, high risk low reward, but people still question him while praising Adonis Stevenson or whoever else who always talk about risk/reward as justification for DUCKING fights. GGG has none of that. He will fight the best, period.
          The problem people have with him is that he is not challenging himself. He has cleaned out a dead division and still fighting bums. It's not his fault that he is fighting in a weak division but move up/down and a class and take a risk. Then we can truly say he will fight the best.
          Last edited by Nomadic; 12-30-2016, 07:59 AM.

Comment

lets all be greatful as boxing fans that we have this fight and support it. its going to be a great one while it last. i'm pulling for jacobs but win,lose,or draw i'm greatful its going down.

Comment

I wish they had a "wiggle wiggle" as Angel Garcia would say line in Vegas because I see a jab doing that to Jacobs. I've always hated that a guy with his tremendous talent has little to no punch resistance but those spots are on that leopard.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Pirog retired years ago because of a serious back injury. Jacobs chin is the big question here.
                GGG's chin will be a big question in this fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonoluv View Post
                  I wish they had a "wiggle wiggle" as Angel Garcia would say line in Vegas because I see a jab doing that to Jacobs. I've always hated that a guy with his tremendous talent has little to no punch resistance but those spots are on that leopard.
                  A guy with little punch resistance wouldn't have gotten off the canvas.

Pac has been KO'd more and far worse than Jacobs..but NOBODY questions his punch resistance.

Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post

Cool story bro.

Comment

Working...
                    X