No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" - Seven More Before We Hit The Road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" - Seven More Before We Hit The Road

by David P. Greisman - It's fitting that the final notable bouts of the year take place in Japan. As has become tradition, it is in the Land of the Rising Sun that the sun sets on boxing in 2016. This year's grand finale brings seven title fights at four cards taking place over the span of two days. You might or might not be the target audience for this column. It's difficult enough for many of us to watch every televised fight card in the United States, never mind the numerous significant matches that take place on a regular basis around the globe...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dont sleep on my boy Murata, rated top 5 middleweight in ALL the sanctioning bodies. 2017 we going in!

Comment

Interested to see how the Uchiyama rematch goes. He never got going last time and didn't look like he knew how to deal with Corales unorthodox style.

Comment

bad decision if inoue decide to fight roman gonzalez in 2017, i watch his last 2 fight inoue certainly has trmendous talent but he's not there yet. rushing to face one of most experienced and best boxer today is bad career choice.

he's still 23, wait 2-3 more years till he reach full potential to face an opponent like roman.

Comment

from what i see inoue just like many japanese fighters befor him lack technical and tactical fluidity, he prepare, sit and launch his offence over and over.

tactical monster like roman will easily distrupt his rhytm and k.o him in later rounds

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
            bad decision if inoue decide to fight roman gonzalez in 2017, i watch his last 2 fight inoue certainly has trmendous talent but he's not there yet. rushing to face one of most experienced and best boxer today is bad career choice.

he's still 23, wait 2-3 more years till he reach full potential to face an opponent like roman.
            Hmm, I might watch this Inoue fella...

Haha it's kinda true though, it's becoming a bit of a tradition to watch the boxing in Japan on new years week ha

Comment

Can't act like I'm super excited about any of those matchups, but I love the Japanese boxing end of year cards which seem similar to the Cinco De Mayo & Mexican Independence day cards we know about in the West. I'd love to attend one of these cards one day.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post

Another fan who wants to protect a boxer's '0' in the interests of safe/good career development. We need to see great match-ups now!! Consistent great match-ups is what will propel boxing closer to former glories.

Inoue doesn't need protecting at this stage and Gonzalez is either at his prime or on the downward slope. So the time is now, not in 3 years time when Gonzalez is several steps past his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  Another fan who wants to protect a boxer's '0' in the interests of safe/good career development. We need to see great match-ups now!! Consistent great match-ups is what will propel boxing closer to former glories.

Inoue doesn't need protecting at this stage and Gonzalez is either at his prime or on the downward slope. So the time is now, not in 3 years time when Gonzalez is several steps past his prime.
                  pffft... where you get the idea i was inoue's fan?! , only watch 2 of his fight. doesnt consider him good yet only talented.

look at him still clumsy and lack tactical awareness, the kid only 23 with 7 fights, let him grow. any pro athletes need beating up those cab drivers and journeyman before stepping to the next level, no shame in that. many ATGS like SRL, floyd or manny have 15+ cab drivers in their resume.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

That's true!

Comment

Working...
                    X