Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Joe Smith Jr. Not Happy With Some of Hopkins' Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Joe Smith Jr. Not Happy With Some of Hopkins' Comments

Joe Smith Jr. Video Interview - LOS ANGELES - Former two-division world champion and Future Hall of Famer Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins (55-7 2, 32 KOs) and Joe Smith, Jr. (22-1, 18 KOs) hosted a final press conference ahead of their showdown for the WBC International Light Heavyweight Championship on Saturday, December 17. The bout will be televised live from Inglewood, Calif.'s "Fabulous" Forum on HBO World Championship Boxing(r) beginning at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. Photos by Tom Hogan/HoganPhotos.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopkins was very disrespectful to this kid. We all know Hopkins is a legend but he didn't have to humiliate the kid like that. This is your last fight B-hop, have fun and go out with class like a champ. Now I'm kinda rooting for Smith to be the first to stop Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Hopkins was very disrespectful to this kid. We all know Hopkins is a legend but he didn't have to humiliate the kid like that. This is your last fight B-hop, have fun and go out with class like a champ. Now I'm kinda rooting for Smith to be the first to stop Hopkins
      C'mon, now not only can you not shake your opponents hand afger a fight but you can't trash talk your opponent before it either.

What can you do now?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        What did Hopkins say?

Comment

uuhhhmm it's a fight what would you expect? hugs and kisses?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
            C'mon, now not only can you not shake your opponents hand afger a fight but you can't trash talk your opponent before it either.

What can you do now?
            Hopkins is a vet in the game. A living legend. I'm just saying that this is his last fight. It's supposed to be a celebration of his career. Just go out with some class.

Comment

Yo Maan..Get a grip. This aint no 37yr old Kobe playing his last basketball game. This is a 52 yr old man who's career is older than this dude's. He young & strong & dangerous. Mental warfare is fair game. He planted the seeds of doubt & anger. Very good on him...Create confusion in his mind now & solidify it come fight time. Make no mistake. The time to be respectful and cordial is after the contest is over...not beforehand.

Comment

Last edited by SN!PER; 12-15-2016, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Would be kinda funny if BHop did lose to a white guy, if only because he said that would never happen... right before it did in fact happen with Calzaghe. But really, this last fight is nothing about rich guy vs blue collar guy, or black vs white... it's about 2 fighters going in there and giving it 100%. And that's what I think will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X