Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares-Cuellar Main Event Peaked at 377,000 Viewers on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mares-Cuellar Main Event Peaked at 377,000 Viewers on Showtime

Showtime's broadcast of Abner Mares versus Jesus Cuellar peaked at 377,000 viewers on Saturday night and averaged 327,000, according to statistics released Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research.

[Click Here To Read More]

showtime ratings continue to be in the ****er.HBO had a **** card yet they had way more viewers as showtime which had a pretty good card with a well known mexican headlining.those showtime execs need to be fired.
    Last edited by GMAN SUPREME; 12-13-2016, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I have no idea how these things works anymore.

How the hell does Bud-Molina do more than double the Showtime card?

Comment

This from the market leader, apparently.... It does go to show that getting good ratings doesn't simply involve making good fights.

Comment

I figure if that HBO card wasn't on that night the numbers wouldn't change much, which means the people who watched the HBO card aren't showtime subscribers thus didn't have the option of watching both.

As a subscriber of both, I watched Showtime and DVR'ed the HBO card.

Comment

Only diehard boxing fans like many of us on NSB will be affected by this low number.

HBO put on a garbage card and got more than double the number of viewers as this very good Showtime card. This almost assures HBO will continue airing fights like these because fans tune in.

SHO has some good fights lined up already but I hope seeing ratings like this doesn't make them change their strategy and copy what HBO is doing.

Comment

HBO's for the casuals showtimes for the Hardcores it's a simple as that it's always been that way

As a fan who had the better fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                This from the market leader, apparently.... It does go to show that getting good ratings doesn't simply involve making good fights.
                Good point. That isn't good for us diehards that are desperate to see more 50/50 fights like Kov/Ward instead of Cotto/Kirkland mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
                  HBO's for the casuals showtimes for the Hardcores it's a simple as that it's always been that way

As a fan who had the better fights?
                  Maybe SHO should start marketing their network this way and just put on the most meaningful and important fights in a given division.

Comment

i hope showtime's numbers go up they deserve it...i wont wish bad on hbo..i'll just say they need to give better fights and when they do showtime shouldnt decline in what they produce either..

Comment

Working...
                    X