Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julian Williams on KO Loss: I Will Come Back Even Stronger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Julian Williams on KO Loss: I Will Come Back Even Stronger

Los Angeles, Calif. - IBF super welterweight champion Jermall Charlo improved his record to 25-0 by stopping mandatory challenger Julian Williams (22-1-1) with a fifth round knockout. The bout opened up a Showtime broadcast that was headlined by Abner Mares upset victory over Jesus Cuellar.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He may need to find opponents who can't punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
      He may need to find opponents who can't punch.
      Yeah his punch resistance doesn't seem that great.

Comment

John Thompson or Willie Nelson would be good come back opponents, then he could fight Tony Harrison for the vacant IBF if Jermall moves up. After that get Austin Trout like he wanted before.

Comment

Originally posted by r1onnie2 View Post
          Yeah his punch resistance doesn't seem that great.
          Based on getting stopped by what might be the division's hardest puncher?

Lets wait and see how he holds up to other punchers. Even after getting dropped by the power jab, he got up and took over the rest of that round. If anything he showed good resilience similar to HNN.

Comment

I like JRock and he obviously has talent. There are plenty of fights for him at 154. He can rebound quite nicely. No shame in getting put out by a guy with such a good punch. No shame in stepping up for challenges and risking your 0. It's how you respond in your following matches that will determine how you're remembered. Let's go!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Based on getting stopped by what might be the division's hardest puncher?

Lets wait and see how he holds up to other punchers. Even after getting dropped by the power jab, he got up and took over the rest of that round. If anything he showed good resilience similar to HNN.
              Trout got hit with those same punches and didn't fold! I like Williams and actually picked him to win the fight and still think he's a good fighter that will be a champion one day. I still think his punch resistance might not be the best like Danny Jacobs but I still think both are helluva fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by r1onnie2 View Post
                Trout got hit with those same punches and didn't fold! I like Williams and actually picked him to win the fight and still think he's a good fighter that will be a champion one day. I still think his punch resistance might not be the best like Danny Jacobs but I still think both are helluva fighters.
                Fair enough, you might be right and Julian might be like Khan, Bute, Linares, Jacobs - where it doesn't take much to flip his switch off. I hope not, but he's likely not a Hagler chin either.

Thing about Trout was he wasn't fighting as aggressive as Julian. Julian left himself exposed going after Charlo, where Trout was more responsible and probably knows better how to take punches after fighting guys like Canelo and Cotto. The lack of drug testing for this last fight also leaves a cloud of uncertainty also.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
                  I like JRock and he obviously has talent. There are plenty of fights for him at 154. He can rebound quite nicely. No shame in getting put out by a guy with such a good punch. No shame in stepping up for challenges and risking your 0. It's how you respond in your following matches that will determine how you're remembered. Let's go!!
                  Yep, Terry Norris did alright after getting KO'd by Julian Jackson.

Comment

You also have to consider the manner of how he went down, arms flailing and legs all over the place, as powerful as Charlo undoubtedly is JRock is chinny. The question is whether he has the skills to still be a world champion which he probably does as long as he doesn't face fighters of Charlo's calibre and power.

Comment

Working...
                    X