Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo's Catch-and-Counter KO of Williams is One For The Ages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Charlo's Catch-and-Counter KO of Williams is One For The Ages

Jermall Charlo's momentary lapse of sportsmanship should not detract from the masterful maneuver he executed to win the fight. The level of difficulty of the catch-and-counter Charlo used to separate Williams from his senses cannot be overstated.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I haven't rewatched this yet but I have seen some 20 second videos of the KO on these board. I saw it happening differently.

1/ he caught Williams left handed jab with his right hand.
    2/ He blocked Williams incoming right cross by raising his own left arm
    3/ he executed the right hand uppercut before Williams could get his arms back into position to defend himself

Was still a thing of beauty though!

Comment

Very high-skilled boxing match! Charlo didn't block everything that Williams threw, but he was too strong for Williams! I think Charlo vs. Brook would be a great fight, or Charlo vs. Cotto, if Cotto survives James Kirkland!

Comment

Yea I like Charlo. He is building a up a good resume, and should stay at 154 for another fight or 2 and really claim dominance.

Comment

That was a KD though, not a KO. Had Williams failed to beat the count, that would have surely been a contender for KOTY.

Comment

Williams showed why he is a journeyman average pug by KO

Williams showed the boxing world that all Williams is- is an average journeyman boxer with little power and now a weak jaw
            The spaghetti thin armed Williams has no power and it showed. Williams will now be just a low opponent for any up and coming 154lbers. Matt Hatton is more a fight for slack Jaw slow weak Williams. J knock got KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by skipwade74 View Post
              Williams showed the boxing world that all Williams is- is an average journeyman boxer with little power and now a weak jaw
              The spaghetti thin armed Williams has no power and it showed. Williams will now be just a low opponent for any up and coming 154lbers. Matt Hatton is more a fight for slack Jaw slow weak Williams. J knock got KO'd.
              disagree, Charlo is a huge JMW and it showed. J-Rock will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                I haven't rewatched this yet but I have seen some 20 second videos of the KO on these board. I saw it happening differently.

1/ he caught Williams left handed jab with his right hand.
                2/ He blocked Williams incoming right cross by raising his own left arm
                3/ he executed the right hand uppercut before Williams could get his arms back into position to defend himself

Was still a thing of beauty though!
                Williams kept throwing the same combo and paid dearly for it. He should try mixing it more.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                  disagree, Charlo is a huge JMW and it showed. J-Rock will be back.
                  Jrock KO'd Williams has a bleak dim future in boxing and will be just a journeyman opponent for young contenders. FACT

Comment

Originally posted by skipwade74 View Post
                    Jrock KO'd Williams has a bleak dim future in boxing and will be just a journeyman opponent for young contenders. FACT
                    You're a ****ing ******

Comment

Working...
                    X