Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders Admits Weight Issue, Needed 6 Months To Drop From 210

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saunders Admits Weight Issue, Needed 6 Months To Drop From 210

At least Billy Joe Saunders was honest about what has happened to his career since he won a middleweight title nearly a year ago. The trash-talking WBO middleweight champion has been hard on himself since his sub-par performance Saturday against Artur Akavov in Paisley, Scotland. Saunders defeated Russia's Akavov by unanimous decision (116-112, 116-113, 115-113), despite starting slowly and looking lethargic during much of the 12-round fight, his first defense of the 160-pound crown he won from Irishman Andy Lee last December 19.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So why he staying at 160? Go to 168 fight James DeGale that big money in the UK

Comment

He needs to get right back in the ring, even vs another club fighter..

If this truly the reason for his performance than he needs to schedule another fight ASAP and avoid another layoff

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post

Damn, what a porker. FFS, what is this guy doing?
        I think 168 is pretty ripe for the taking so I agree with you about moving up. Otherwise, all he's going to be doing is avoiding Golovkin for the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post

DAMN!!! I saw this photo first time. I'm still in shock

Comment

Not surprising anything that happened happened. You don't fight for as long as BJS didn't fight then this **** is often a problem for guys. Make a f#cking fight even if its a bs fight if you're a fighter. BJS was playing games for a f#cking year. He needs to get motivated about fighting instead of payday & games.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              He needs to get right back in the ring, even vs another club fighter..

If this truly the reason for his performance than he needs to schedule another fight ASAP and avoid another layoff
              Yeah I agree, doesn't even have to be a ranked opponent, just have a fight soon to keep him motivated. Get in shape then give Akavov a rematch.

Comment

All histories elites Floyd sugar ray hearns haggler ggg never balloon in weight between fights camp is for sharpening and learning the fatties spend it just losing weight and lose ask Duran about that

Comment

Oh and Ricky fatton

Comment

Fury up to 350 now

Comment

Working...
                    X