Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessie Magdaleno: Nonito Donaire Needs To Earn a Rematch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jessie Magdaleno: Nonito Donaire Needs To Earn a Rematch!

25-year-old Jessie Magdaleno (24-0, 17KOs) won his first world title last month when he won an unanimous decision over former four-division world champion Nonito Donaire (37-4) at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas. The fight was featured on the Manny Pacquiao-Jessie Vargas undercard.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nonito the big mouth hypejob got exposed by magdaleno once again..... No rematch for him

Comment

This guy is very talented, has great skills and variety, great hands speed and good boxing IQ.

No way Donaire won the fight.

Juarez vs Magdaleno would be a great fight.

Comment

If Donaire has a rematch clause, he owns that rematch. If not, he is a fool for not getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          If Donaire has a rematch clause, he owns that rematch. If not, he is a fool for not getting one.
          Probably a dumb question, but do titlists usually have rematch clauses when facing mandatories?

Comment

Yeah! Nonito get his rematch clause

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Probably a dumb question, but do titlists usually have rematch clauses when facing mandatories?
              Weren't the Klitschko's pretty notorious for having rematch clauses in their fights? I'm pretty sure Tyson Fury was the mando to Wladimir and Wlad pulled the rematch clause after his loss

Comment

Earn a rematch? Who the **** this guy thinks he is? Nonito gave this scab a chance, who the hell has he beaten??he needs to go somewhere with menudo looking ass.

Comment

I like Magdaleno but I dont like this kind of talk. He definitely won the first time but why not just go ahead and beat the guy again and say you beat him twice and leave no doubts? Unless you arent confident enough.

Let's say Donaire did work his way up then what? By the time he fights you again he will be 1-2 years older and people will say you beat an even older Donaire. Just beat him now and get it over with and you're getting paid.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                    Weren't the Klitschko's pretty notorious for having rematch clauses in their fights? I'm pretty sure Tyson Fury was the mando to Wladimir and Wlad pulled the rematch clause after his loss
                    That's true. Fury was ranked WBO #1 before the fight. It is a little different in Donaire's case as he only has the WBO belt and only defended it once. He'sdprobably in a weaker position, financially and prestige-wise, to ask for a rematch clause. However, I don't like Jesse acting like this already. If he can get a unification, cool. If not, Nonito would probably be one of the better options.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 12-01-2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X