Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Nonito Donaire in Disbelief at Lomacheko-Walters Ending

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Nonito Donaire in Disbelief at Lomacheko-Walters Ending

Nonito Donaire Video Interview - Ukraine's Vasyl Lomachenko retained his super featherweight title with a seven round demolition of Nicholas Walters, whose corner threw in the towel in between rounds telling the referee "No mas".
    [Click Here To Read More]

He's right. Walters never even pushed himself enough to be gassed. No heart. The guy is getting paid a few hundred thousand dollars to, not only compete, put on a show. There's an expectation that you'll give it all you got, or at least MOST of it. The sport would fold if every boxer had the mentality of Walters.

Loma didn't quit when Salido was too big, too rough. He rallied back and gave it all he had. He earned respect, even in defeat.

Comment

Walters was drained if he was in shape he would have KO Loma, but I feel another point is he might have taken a dive for extra money?

Comment

He's definitely right to say it had a "fuck this ****" feel about it. Fucking Ortiz walked through more fire than he did.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Walters was drained if he was in shape he would have KO Loma, but I feel another point is he might have taken a dive for extra money?
          What is certain is that Walters wasn't on his A game.

There is little doubt that if he had 2 fights between Sosa and Loma, he would have been on his A game. Again factually, he used the inactivity to gain a lot of weight that he had to then go lose.

IF he had been on his A game, I believe he would have been a lot sharper and at least able to compete. I still think Loma would have won, but we would have got a 12 round fight out of it vs what we got.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            He's definitely right to say it had a "fuck this ****" feel about it. Fucking Ortiz walked through more fire than he did.
            this is true. and that fight marked his entire career

Comment

oh, and what rematch is Donaire talking about ? I assume Magdeleno, but it wasn't clear (discussion about Walters switches to a rematch, at first I thought he was talking about a rematch with Walters !)

Comment

you're high AF. A dive? He quit but he was never gonna ko Loma. He said he was already on weight on monday before fight. He couldn't touch him.

That being said now I would be down for the Walters-Sosa rematch. Sosa may ko him as he has been improving

Comment

why are you always talking nonsense?

Comment

I never thought walters would go out like that.what a sucker move on his part.

Comment

Working...
                    X