Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boy Jones Jr., 19, Wins Southern Area Belt In Brentwood

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boy Jones Jr., 19, Wins Southern Area Belt In Brentwood

Boy Jones Jr. put in a scintillating display as he picked up his first professional title. The 19-year-old was as comfortable as he was dominant at the Brentwood Centre, exclusively live on BoxNation, in front of a capacity crowd. Jones Jr., who is just over three weeks shy of his 20th birthday, beat the extremely tough Martin Hillman to win the vacant Southern Area super-featherweight title, as part of the supporting cast to Bradley Skeete's first defence of the British welterweight crown against John Thain.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boy Jones Jr is his name? Seriously? What's next, Sugar Jay Leonard?

Comment

Just looked him up. Boy is a six-foot-tall super featherweight. Wtf?

Comment

Looks good

Very smooth boxer. Calm, good timing. Apparently no am background and only 19yrs old so plenty more to come.

Great name too

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Looks good

Very smooth boxer. Calm, good timing. Apparently no am background and only 19yrs old so plenty more to come.

Great name too
          No amateur career, but he had some fights in some UK "minor/semi-pro" boxing league type outfit. Forget what its called (someone from the UK will surely know & correct me on what exactly its called &/or is), but there are a few of his fights on Youtube that I was watching when I heard about him before his pro debut. Looked like a fun guy to watch in that league & I think he only lost 1 fight there.

That said horrible f#cking name that'll sound even dumber when he's 35 years old & boxing, but he's an alright regional prospect to follow to see where he can go.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            No amateur career, but he had some fights in some UK "minor/semi-pro" boxing league type outfit. Forget what its called (someone from the UK will surely know & correct me on what exactly its called &/or is), but there are a few of his fights on Youtube that I was watching when I heard about him before his pro debut. Looked like a fun guy to watch in that league & I think he only lost 1 fight there.

That said horrible f#cking name that'll sound even dumber when he's 35 years old & boxing, but he's an alright regional prospect to follow to see where he can go.
            I like his name lol. Makes me think of the guys back in the day who would call themselves like 'Young' Jack Johnson or summat. Boy Jones Jnr Class.

Comment

Haven't seen today's outing, but I did see him live in April. Fun fighter, funny-ass name, and has that Ali Funeka quality of being freakishly tall for whatever weight he's at.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                I like his name lol. Makes me think of the guys back in the day who would call themselves like 'Young' Jack Johnson or summat. Boy Jones Jnr Class.
                Yea I won't deny its gotten him some press. If he'd gone by Ben Jones I'd likely woulda never been intrigued enough to look him up BEFORE his pro debut . So its surely garnered him some extra press & gotten other fans attention beyond myself so great marketing if nothing else.

Here's the league he was boxing in before turning pro btw
                http://ibaboxing.co.uk/

Its a semi-pro unlicensed boxing league based in the UK. I went down the IBA rabbit hole for awhile after discovering it last year & there are some fun fights there. Kinda like a UK toughman thing to make a comparison for US fans, but I think these guys are more skilled than the average toughman guy.

Comment

Boy Jones Jr.?

In pro wrestling they would call this "cheap heat."

Comment

Missed this fight, but I've seen him before. I wish I could get better scheduling over here. It's early in the day for fights with little notice.

Comment

Working...
                    X