No announcement yet.

New Mexico's Tyson: Lee Montoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mexico's Tyson: Lee Montoya

The most feared professional boxer in the state of New Mexico but also the most challenged of the pros. Yes this man is considered by many as the Tyson of New Mexico yet others just want to be the one that beat Lee as he is called by most and has been challenged by many such as Max Heyman, Joseph Brady, Jeremiah Torrez and now by El Paso’s Bernardo Guereca. When Heyman fought Lee he found out that Lee was as strong as any man he had fought and yet was kinder than any other pro he had fought at the end of their battle. Joseph Brady has challenged Montoya but there doesn’t seem to be a promoter interested in that fight as no promoter has stepped forward for that challenge. Then there is Bernardo Guereca from El Paso who had an open invitation challenge for Montoya in one of the web sites but also has a Promoter behind his challenge in Fresquez Promotions of Albuquerque. Fresquez is going to promote this fight in November and is probably doing one of the biggest fights since he promoted Johnny Tapia vs. Frankie Archuleta. This fight may not mean nothing outside of Texas and New Mexico but in these states it is like a world title fight as both fighters come to the square circle to prove who is the best pound for pound fighter of the region. Guereca has proven himself as his record indicates with 11 wins 4 loses and 1 draw with 3 by K.O. Montoya has a perfect record with 6 wins and no loses 5 by K.O. [details]

Bump.....

Decade later, safe to say dude was a hype job

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Bump.....

no replies in 10 years

Comment

Bump.....

you must be board

Comment

Originally posted by Lomachenko View Post
          you must be board
          Yes I am...

Sorry, can only handle so many threads about
          Floyd/Berto
          Fury
          Khan

Comment

Yes I am...

Sorry, can only handle so many threads about
            Floyd/Berto
            Fury
            Khan
            One thing about Lee Montoya he was one tatted down dude. Plus he was exciting in a side show type of way. He had some exciting low level fights though. His fight with Max Heymon was a good fight

Comment

Lmaooooo

Good bump imo

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Lmaooooo

Good bump imo
                Yes it was. I hadn't heard the name Lee Montoya in years. He provided me with a couple memories. It's good to talk about fighters from the past who weren't stars.

Here's another name and a fighter that provided lots of entertaining fight and kind of thrived on the old Tuesday night fight series back in the day: Dana Rosenblatt. Remember him? He had some good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                  Yes it was. I hadn't heard the name Lee Montoya in years. He provided me with a couple memories. It's good to talk about fighters from the past who weren't stars.

Here's another name and a fighter that provided lots of entertaining fight and kind of thrived on the old Tuesday night fight series back in the day: Dana Rosenblatt. Remember him? He had some good fights.
                  Dana rosenblatt...

I remember reading the ring's boxing almanac in either 1995/96 and Bob arum declaring that rosenblatt-del la Hoya would be the biggest fight in boxing in a few years...

Really only remember him vs nondescript competitin and the Vinny paz fight..

Won't lie, I thought he was gonna be a challenger to hopkins at one point

Comment

Dana rosenblatt...

I remember reading the ring's boxing almanac in either 1995/96 and Bob arum declaring that rosenblatt-del la Hoya would be the biggest fight in boxing in a few years...

Really only remember him vs nondescript competitin and the Vinny paz fight..

Won't lie, I thought he was gonna be a challenger to hopkins at one point
                    Yea Rosenblatt had good potential coming up but he just couldn't take his career and skills to that next level. He was a very solid contender though and he kind of became a staple in the Tuesday night fight series. He fought some great fighters who were past their prime and won but he just couldn't make it to the next level. His fights with vinny pazienza were foty quality.

Comment

Working...
                    X