Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Vows Better Opponent For Luis Ortiz on Joshua-Molina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Vows Better Opponent For Luis Ortiz on Joshua-Molina

Heavyweight contender Luis Ortiz was not very happy with his easy win over Malik Scott for the vacant WBA intercontinental heavyweight title on Saturday. Making his European debut, Ortiz floored the listless Scott several times and won by a unanimous decision: 120-105, 120-106, and 119-106 on the judges' cards.
    [Click Here To Read More]

2 in a row that seem to that quit from the gate. He might deserve the "most feared man in boxing" title. Good luck to Hearn finding someone who will "fight to win" vs Ortiz. The guy isn't perfect but it seems that no one wants a piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      2 in a row that seem to that quit from the gate. He might deserve the "most feared man in boxing" title. Good luck to Hearn finding someone who will "fight to win" vs Ortiz. The guy isn't perfect but it seems that no one wants a piece.
      Jennings never quit. He actually won a few rounds then got blasted by a great uppercut. Ortiz has lots of chances to close it out even after the long 14 second count Scott was given in the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        Jennings never quit. He actually won a few rounds then got blasted by a great uppercut. Ortiz has lots of chances to close it out even after the long 14 second count Scott was given in the 4th.
        Yes, but Jennings was not one of his last 2 opponents as I said. I do give Jennings a lot of credit for how well he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Yes, but Jennings was not one of his last 2 opponents as I said. I do give Jennings a lot of credit for how well he did.
          I forgot he fought Thompson...my bad

Comment

To be fair even a fringe domestic level British heavyweight like Sam Sexton would do better than that.

Usually I try and credit a boxer for staying away from monster like Ortiz for 12 whole rounds for the usual the reasons in that I have never laced them up and it's a dangerous game and really the amount of movement carried out by Scott he must have been in good shape.

But what was the point in that fight? He didn't try to win even for a second. I don't have high standards really but at some point he just had to put himself in a situation where he risked getting laid out to get something solid off.

Comment

Feed Price then Whyte to Ortiz on AJ next two undercards let Wilder talk all the shyt he does and then let this fücker loose on him in the summer, a Klitschko/AJ vs Ortiz unification would be AMAZING for the end of the year.

Comment

Tom Dallas or Jason Gavern

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                  Tom Dallas or Jason Gavern
                  Honestly they would do a better job.

Even that Andy Legg dude or whatever his name was that charged AJ from the bell would offer more.

Tbh, I don't understand why if you were a heavyweight with virtually no chance of winning you wouldn't do that. Essentially you earn your purse in about 10 seconds and nobody can question you because heavyweights get knocked out - it's a fact of life - but in reality I could probably do that now if I was 10 pints in and jumping straight off the couch. Whereas Malik had his heart in his arsehole for the full 48 minutes from the time the ref called seconds out and some people don't want him paid for that, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Honestly they would do a better job.

Even that Andy Legg dude or whatever his name was that charged AJ from the bell would offer more.

Tbh, I don't understand why if you were a heavyweight with virtually no chance of winning you wouldn't do that. Essentially you earn your purse in about 10 seconds and nobody can question you because heavyweights get knocked out - it's a fact of life - but in reality I could probably do that now if I was 10 pints in and jumping straight off the couch. Whereas Malik had his heart in his arsehole for the full 48 minutes from the time the ref called seconds out and some people don't want him paid for that, lol.
                    Scott should have his purse withheld.

Comment

Working...
                    X