Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boxing Fanatic Dies of Cardiac Arrest After Nonito Donaire Loses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boxing Fanatic Dies of Cardiac Arrest After Nonito Donaire Loses

According to Filipino media giant ABS-CBN, a boxing fanatic in Cotabato City in the Philippines literally died of cardiac arrest after ring announcer Michael Buffer had revealed that Nonito Donaire had lost a twelve round unanimous decision, and his WBO super bantamweight title, to Jessie Magdaleno. The scores were 116-112, 116-112 and 118-110.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"Speaking of Pacquiao and fans getting worked up, ABS-CBN reports that two other fans died while watching Pacquiao's win over Vargas."
    ..Wow, are Philippine folks particularly susceptible to cardiac issues? This sounds like an epidemic if they're dropping at every fight.

And, RIP and condolences to the family.

Comment

I remember something like this happened to a few Pacquiao fans after the Marquez knockout in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        I remember something like this happened to a few Pacquiao fans after the Marquez knockout in 2012.

Seriously?

I am not sure if I should be laughing, or sad right now. On one had, it's awful for the families and for someone to suffer that way.

On another, if you just see the headlines "pac fan dies after loss" or "nonito fan dies after loss". Sorry, but I laughed out loud when I read the title.

The soldier in me can find humor in anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          "Speaking of Pacquiao and fans getting worked up, ABS-CBN reports that two other fans died while watching Pacquiao's win over Vargas."
          ..Wow, are Philippine folks particularly susceptible to cardiac issues? This sounds like an epidemic if they're dropping at every fight.

And, RIP and condolences to the family.
          No, we are not, some of them are just hardcore manny fans, any right that connects probably give them marquez flashback

Comment

I'm going to hell for laughing at the title. Holy shiet I was practically crying.

Comment

Breaking news - A few people out of millions drop dead in a 36 minute period.

It's not news people, it happens constantly. It just so happens they were watching boxing at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
                No, we are not, some of them are just hardcore manny fans, any right that connects probably give them marquez flashback
                I see. Good to know. So it's more a cultural thing?
                In one sense, I admire their passion. In another sense, I don't really have nationalistic sentiments so I can't really relate to being vested in a fighter like that.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  yeah I was gonna mention this I remeber reading a few died too from a heart attack. Should never be too invested in a sport that you jeopardizing your health.

R.I.P.

Comment

"In other news, 24 people suffered mild cardiac symptoms in a case involving PPV, a shoulder and Top Rank doe. Next up, research shows that salt water may cure severely torn rotator cuff injuries."

Comment

Working...
                    X