Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'Fighting Words' - Lesser Manny Pacquiao Still More Than Enough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 'Fighting Words' - Lesser Manny Pacquiao Still More Than Enough

by David P. Greisman - The boxer who was once one of the best fighters in the world can no longer be expected to be the best version of himself. He doesn't need to be the best version of himself in order to remain one of the best welterweights in the sport. Manny Pacquiao is nearly 38 years old, a man whose responsibilities...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good article. Nice insights about his prep for the fight, training while also serving congress.
    Also, good point about him having the best welter weight wins this year.

Comment

What a cool article!

Comment

Best WW in the game right now even at age 37! I wanna see him fight the winner of Thurman/Garcia but first take a tune up with the untested Terrence Crawford maybe at a catchweight.

Comment

Yes , people need to appreciate for what it is..
          Pacquiao is 38, now a part-time boxer. Boxing is his 2nd job now..He's gone religious, and lost the killer instinct.

BUT he is still beating guys in their prime: Bradley, Vargas, Algieri, Rios etc.. all young guys.

It just shows his level, even old man still schooling them youngings

Comment

Have to give it up to pac for still being a complete fighter at this stage in his career. Just watched the fight last night and even from the minor slippage( which is normal considering all the factors) I still favor pac man over most top Walters right now. It would be interesting to see him v loma at 35 but even if that doesn't happen I can see pac fighting at top level for a few more years easy.

Comment

Pacquiao is still the best welterweight.

Comment

Great piece of writing, Greisman. I hadn't thought about it, but the Pac Man's had as good a year as any welter.

Comment

Manny landed almost 40% of punches thrown Vargas landed 19% Vargas please stop talking you were keeping him off you he was afraid to come in you were landing tons of jabs and rights you were hitting air mostly dude

Comment

MANNY now only 75% physically and giving boxing only 50% mentally still top couple Welters including Floyd

Comment

Working...
                    X