No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao-Jessie Vargas: Post-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao-Jessie Vargas: Post-Fight Report Card

At 37, Manny Pacquiao doesn't throw the same sustained combinations, doesn't appear to have his finishing touch, and rarely fights three minutes of a round. Matched right, he doesn't have to. There are some young guys out there that might be ready to push him over the edge into the pastures of old fistic age but in 2016 he was still good enough to beat Timothy Bradley and a game Jessie Vargas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Manny looked somewhat sharp and made history with the whole senator thing. Was a pretty entertaining card overall with Valdez.

Comment

Pre-Fight: Intangibles - Pacquiao A; Vargas B/Post: A; B
      So Post: Same?

Comment

what 'fight'? if there was a fight i must have missed it. I'd call it an exhibition match, a chance to see an old boxing legend doing his thing against someone not in the same league as him. Was a pointless match up from the moment it was made. Thought sport was meant to be competitive and unpredictable, fight went exactly as anyone thought it would.

Comment

"Pacquiao probably can't beat Crawford at this point"

I don't know how anyone can come to this conclusion. Pacquiao isn't what he once was but he's still the top dog at welterweight (now that Floyd has retired) until somebody knocks him off that perch. He didn't set the world alight last night but he won comfortably and now has two solid wins since his loss to Mayweather. Crawford, as good as he has looked recently has never fought in this class. It's a big step up for him. Not to mention he's a 140lber coming up (or Manny coming down).

I still see Pacquiao as the favourite in this match up right now, but even if you disagree with that, to say that "Pacquiao probably can't beat Crawford at this point" is just absurd. He's still more than good enough to beat anyone currently active at 147lbs and below.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            what 'fight'? if there was a fight i must have missed it. I'd call it an exhibition match, a chance to see an old boxing legend doing his thing against someone not in the same league as him. Was a pointless match up from the moment it was made. Thought sport was meant to be competitive and unpredictable, fight went exactly as anyone thought it would.
            U, of all people, should know abt pointless fights, right?

Comment

Somewhere along the line, we grew much too complacent about paying for non competitive fights. They will soon recycle Pac and Floyd and Saul and Cotto with no change in outcome. Those events are unnecessary rituals. That's why it's so important to support Kovalev/ Ward.

Comment

Working...
              X