No announcement yet.

The Last British Invasion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last British Invasion

The last time a British boxing superstar took this side of the pond by storm fans crowded around their televisions on a Friday night in 1997 for an HBO showcase between “The Prince” Naseem Hamed and veteran Featherweight Kevin Kelley. The buzz around that fight was unlike any Featherweight fight in recent memory. American audiences had been tantalized by Hamed’s antics and skills for several fights before we got to see him that night in Madison Square Garden. [details]

Hamed v Hatton

Hamed came in with more hype and less proven skills than Hatton, who's beaten Kosta Tszyu. Provided Hatton wins this week, I wonder whether PBF and Dela Hoya will start thinking of him as an opponent instead of each other. My guess is that they would both feel more confident against Hatton due to his style and size. That's provided Dela Hoya can still get down to 147, which I'd say he can and probably would have to if he wants PBF anyway.

Comment

Judging from Hattons latest training videos for his upcoming fight on Saturday I would bet he could go up to 154 himself. He has very masculine shoulders that give him that edge, even if he is shorter.

Comment

Hey i rather liked Hammed he was Unique, but was v cocky had when he took tht fight with Barrera i knew he would get his ass handed to him

Comment

Originally posted by Hous
          Judging from Hattons latest training videos for his upcoming fight on Saturday I would bet he could go up to 154 himself. He has very masculine shoulders that give him that edge, even if he is shorter.
          I dont see Hatton jumping up to 154 any time soon, possibly in a few years but no. Hatton is still shoping himself out to 140lbs such as Castillo, Corrales and Cotto(who Hatton doesn't want to fight at 147lbs but at 140lbs). Hatton just got to 147lbs it would be a mistake IMHO to jump up that quick that early to fight a guy like ODLH. ODLH definitely wont come down, he doesn't have to...he is the man with the purse strings and they come to him, besides ODLH has a ton of other big potential fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body
            I dont see Hatton jumping up to 154 any time soon, possibly in a few years but no. Hatton is still shoping himself out to 140lbs such as Castillo, Corrales and Cotto(who Hatton doesn't want to fight at 147lbs but at 140lbs). Hatton just got to 147lbs it would be a mistake IMHO to jump up that quick that early to fight a guy like ODLH. ODLH definitely wont come down, he doesn't have to...he is the man with the purse strings and they come to him, besides ODLH has a ton of other big potential fights.
            I see Ricky as a welterweight, but the chance to fight against Oscar makes boxers do strange things...I can't see Ricky being able to resist a jump to 154, especially if a belt is at stake...imagine that, a 3 weight world champion and Oscars scalp..plus $15million....way too tempting.

Comment

Working...
            X