Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Still Blames Mayweather-Pacquiao For Boxing's PPV Decline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Still Blames Mayweather-Pacquiao For Boxing's PPV Decline

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum still believes Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao is the big reason for boxing's decline in the pay-per-view market. Mayweather-Pacquiao was the most financially successful event in boxing history. It generated over 4.6 million pay-per-view purchases - demolishing the previous record of 2.4 million held by Mayweather's fight with Oscar De La Hoya in 2007.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Arum's a loon to in-ring culture, but a rebel in politics and general elections. evens out. green k to Arum. basically saying Mayweather put him and Pac out of business again

#HBO

Comment

It's always bad when a fighter loses then gets a home town decision, is allowed to negotiate non-disclosures with Vada and fails a drug test. Floyd let everyone down, but he's a shameless woman beater so why would ArScum's opinion bother him?

Comment

I knew lots of non-boxing fans who fell for the hype of that fight and thought floyd was some legendary ko artist etc. Saw the fight and their reaction by the 6th round was "are they still warming up?"

Gonna take a while to get people to fall for that kind of thing again but I think it marked the official day that MMA took over

Comment

I blame

May-Berto
          Pac-Bradley III
          Pac-Vargas
          Golovkin-Lemieux
          Crawford-Postol
          Canelo-Smith

People proved they'll still pay for good fights. Canelo-Cotto did 900k.

Comment

Cant blame May-Pac as they were the only ones in their era selling high number of PPV's. The PPV market has always been kind of crappy outside of a few marquee names. Bob the builder is just lining the excuses up for his crappy PPV sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              I blame

May-Berto
              Pac-Bradley III
              Pac-Vargas
              Golovkin-Lemieux
              Crawford-Postol
              Canelo-Smith

People proved they'll still pay for good fights. Canelo-Cotto did 900k.
              I would disagree with Crawford/Postol but I forgot that was a PPV fight that should have been a WCB fight.

Comment

The fight is a big reason for the decline. I knew a few people who never watched boxing, and tuned into pac vs floyd. Safe to say they haven't watched the sport since.

Comment

It was such a greed show. The prices, the crowd wasn't even into the show because they were all celebrities and wealthy people who do not even follow boxing. So lack of crowd excitement lead to silence during every fight except the main event. The real fans of the sport were screwed that night due to greed

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                    The fight is a big reason for the decline. I knew a few people who never watched boxing, and tuned into pac vs floyd. Safe to say they haven't watched the sport since.
                    Why did Cotto -Canelo do so well?

Comment

Working...
                    X