Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Oleksandr Gvodyk Putting in Work For Isaac Chilemba

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Oleksandr Gvodyk Putting in Work For Isaac Chilemba

Isaac Golden Boy' Chilemba (24-4-2, 10 KOs) will return to the United States on Saturday, Nov. 19 to face dangerous light heavyweight prospect and NABF Light Heavyweight Champion Oleksandr 'The Nail' Gvozdyk (11-0, 9 KOs) in a ten round bout as part of the Kovalev vs. Ward "Pound for Pound" pay-per-view telecast live from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Gvodyk looks stiff to me I think Chilembas jab is going to be landing on him frequently and the footwork is going to limit Oleksandr from his straight right hand. I thought about Gvodyks power and the danger it posses but I am confident that Chilembas chin will hold considering he was able to go the distance with Kovalev and many others with decent pop : Bellew,Alvarez,Miranda etc... but there is a chance Gvodyk may land that right on him like he did Muhhammedi ( really impressive ) but for him to do that he needs to cut the ring off but I see a straight up and down fighter that lacks quick lateral movement that likes the center of the ring too much.

Comment

This is kinda risky considering that Chilemba gave tough fights to both Alvarez and Kovalev who both are far more experienced than Gvodyk, who is good, but isn't as good as his teammates Lomachenko, Usyk, Khytrov and Berinchyk, he is on the level of Taras.

Comment

Actually really looking forward to this fight, Chilemba really is a tough awkward dude and exactly the sort of opponent Gvozdyk needs to show whether he belongs amongst the top tier at LHW. Isaac's becoming one of those perennial contenders who will likely keep getting shots but ultimately keep falling short at the top level whilst giving everyone he meets a tough night.

Favouring Gvozdyk, but a Chilemba win (or contestable loss) would not surprise me in the slightest, guy can really fight and Oleksanders realative paucity of pro experience really counts against him here.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
          This is kinda risky considering that Chilemba gave tough fights to both Alvarez and Kovalev who both are far more experienced than Gvodyk, who is good, but isn't as good as his teammates Lomachenko, Usyk, Khytrov and Berinchyk, he is on the level of Taras.
          Dude, have you seen his fights ever?)
          It is madness to compare him with Berinchyk, who has a few fights in pro and nothing except high work rate.
          Gvozdyk is intelligent, smart, high skilled puncher, Taras is not even close to him.

Comment

Originally posted by HankHill View Post
            Dude, have you seen his fights ever?)
            It is madness to compare him with Berinchyk, who has a few fights in pro and nothing except high work rate.
            Gvozdyk is intelligent, smart, high skilled puncher, Taras is not even close to him.
            I've been following him since the olympics, he is good, but besides his straight left, that is the best in the business besides Stevenson, he isn't that impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
              I've been following him since the olympics, he is good, but besides his straight left, that is the best in the business besides Stevenson, he isn't that impressive.
              Next his fight ll give anwsers on many questions.
              But at this moment i cannot agree he is less impressive than Shelestyuk or Berinchyk.

Comment

Lol, Gvozdyk is definitely better then Berinchyk and Shelestyuk. Berinchyk is not gonna make it at all and Shelestyuk might be not good enough also. Gvozdyk has everything – size, legs, pop and speed in both hands. He looks a little stiff, mainly because he was always a classical soviet school boxer (jab, one-two, left hook, footwork. I know him very good, trained with him for some time, he is from my hometown). He misses an inside game and not as good in midrange, but I am sure he is getting there. He is able to land a very crisp left hook and short right hand even in midrange.
                The only thing that worries me is that Chilemba might be too soon, Isaac is very-very good and very-very awkward.

Comment

I know Chilemba's fights aren't always TV gold, but i'm interested in seeing if Gvodyk can get at Chilemba, as we know he's hard to make a dent in.

I'm eager to see if Chilemba can nullify Gvodyk.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    Gvodyk looks stiff to me
                    That's probably because you are looking at photos.

Comment

Working...
                    X