Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Three Fights For 2017, Maybe First at 158

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Three Fights For 2017, Maybe First at 158

The recovery of Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez has exceeded the most optimistic estimates, according to the fighter's trainer Eddy Reynoso. Canelo (48-1-1, 34KOs) injured his right hand last month during his ninth round knockout of Liam Smith to capture the WBO junior middleweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

158???

Comment

No surprise. They're gonna acclimate to middle before taking on Golovkin.

Comment

I think that would be his 7th CW fight. But hey, who's keeping count right?

Comment

Baby steps please! He might feel horrible at 160 so 158 might him feel better. What a *****!

Comment

Baby steps please. I might feel horrible at 160 so 158 is best for my body. What a *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              158???
              That's a big step l thought he'd fight at 156 first

Comment

I fully accept this 158 CW. He should be able to see if he can rehydrate over 190lbs.

Comment

Would be awesome if Bossnelo fights in like ~late January or early February. He could even fight a fringe contender (like a Top 15 guy) for a tune-up on regular HBO and I'd be happy with that since it's likely to be a catchweight anyhow. However, he's more likely to do what he tried doing this year...May, September, December. And again those are just his "plans". No telling if it actually happens or not

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                    I think that would be his 7th CW fight. But hey, who's keeping count right?
                    Despite all the CW fights he is Top 10 in BOXING for resumes. Top 10 in ALL OF BOXING for resumes. Aside from like Klit, Ward, or Pac his resume is strong as hell...and none of his fights were weight-dependent (and this is obviously discluding Floyd, BHop, RJJ, JMM, Mosley, Cotto, etc.).

So

Comment

Working...
                    X