Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jezreel Corrales-Takashi Uchiyama Rematch Signed, Dec. 31

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jezreel Corrales-Takashi Uchiyama Rematch Signed, Dec. 31

The rematch is signed. Jezreel Corrales' promoter, Rogelio Espino, confirmed that a contract has been signed to fight Japan's Takashi Uchiyama in a rematch on December 31 in Japan.

[Click Here To Read More]

Uchiyama got this

Comment

uchiyama needs the win or its over

Comment

Uchiyama has always been a good fighter and big puncher, and he may win this rematch, but he hasn't been the most active fighter (26 fights in 11 years, less than two title "defenses" a year on average) and his opposition had been very weak since 2012. IMO Yamanaka surpassed him as Japan's top fighter because of his willingness to fight top opposition in his division.

Comment

Fantastic! Another war at 130! Such a fun division

Comment

Respect to Uchiyama for stepping into the rematch after the KO...I disagree with what he said about being cold you know you should of been warmed up working pads in the back working up a sweat tightening up your defense before coming out...no excuses...above everything Corrales KO ratio makes Uchiyama look salty. That being said I give Uchiyama a fair shot I should check with my bookie I think it going to be close.

Comment

FK YES!!! after Uchiyama got destroyed in the 1st one it did sound alot like he would retire which wouldve been a very bad decision, i love that he takes on the rematch and ill be rooting for Uchiyama
              Uchiyama is definetly in the top 10 hardest punchers list of active boxers, dude has crazy power
              Uchiyama was one of my fav fighters before he got upset by Corrales and alot of people seemed to write him off after getting KOed, this is his chance for redemption, but he is up there in age, he just needs to survive the early rounds and if he can do that id favor him by late stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Respect to Uchiyama for stepping into the rematch after the KO...I disagree with what he said about being cold you know you should of been warmed up working pads in the back working up a sweat tightening up your defense before coming out...no excuses...above everything Corrales KO ratio makes Uchiyama look salty. That being said I give Uchiyama a fair shot I should check with my bookie I think it going to be close.
                He didnt mean warmup as in prefight warmup, Uchiyama has always been a slow starter and Corrales clipped him before he could get into his groove, and once he was hurt he was ripe for the taking

Also coming in Corrales was known as a tricky southpaw and Uchiyamas team probably prepared him for such a fighter, and when he came out swinging in the 1st round looking for the KO and showing Uchiyama 0 respect i think that really fked with his Uchiyamas Mojo
                And as previously mentioned Uchiyama is a slow starter, and i think he was really surprised with how Corrales was going after him without caring about Uchiyamas power, and before Uchiyama could get into rhythm he was hurt
                Last edited by mannysavage; 10-04-2016, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mannysavage View Post
                  He didnt mean warmup as in prefight warmup, Uchiyama has always been a slow starter and Corrales clipped him before he could get into his groove, and once he was hurt he was ripe for the taking

Also coming in Corrales was known as a tricky southpaw and Uchiyamas team probably prepared him for such a fighter, and when he came out swinging in the 1st round looking for the KO and showing Uchiyama 0 respect i think that really fked with his Uchiyamas Mojo
                  And as previously mentioned Uchiyama is a slow starter, and i think he was really surprised with how Corrales was going after him without caring about Uchiyamas power, and before Uchiyama could get into rhythm he was hurt
                  You missed the point : Im saying he sounds like hes making excuses once you come out regardless of if you are a slow starter you should be sharp by the time you come out of your locker room and I know very well about Corrales I called it last time I said he would upset.

Comment

Corrales is an awkward fighter, reminds me a lot to Fortuna, the division is stacked.

Comment

Working...
                    X