Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Learning From David Tua's Mistakes as Shot Nears

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Learning From David Tua's Mistakes as Shot Nears

Painful lessons learned from David Tua's failed world heavyweight title challenge are fuelling Joseph Parker's bid to go one step better. Kevin Barry has opened up for the first time on the shortcomings of Tua's preparations for his 2000 title fight with Lennox Lewis in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great to see from an entertainment perspective. I'm sick of boxing stories being all about what's not happening in the ring, as opposed to what is.

Comment

I do not see how fighting David Price would help anyone in anything. Price hits the canvass the moment the bell rings.

Comment

Well he didn't learn the biggest lesson

Don't get trained by Kevin barry

Comment

Joseph learned that growing taller than 5'10" was a good idea.

Comment

More like Parker is following the same mistake Patterns because Barry simply doesnt match his fighters well to get them to progress where they should be . He did the same thing with Tua and hes doing the same thing here minus getting a similair like stature opponent before facing Joshua this time but what about the opposition after he fought Takam? Fighting Dimitrenko is just not realistically saying you have done everything to get your fighter to where he should be .
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-25-2016, 11:33 PM.

Comment

As chinny as Price is, I still think he's a dangerous opponent. He might be a big stiff idiot, but he's got devastating KO power. Parker also plays the type of outside game that favors someone like Price. Price has difficulties with shorter guys that get fight him on the inside, that's not really Parker's style.

Comment

I'd confidently stick a hundred on Joshua to lay Parker out. He isn't a fighting man like Tua was. Parker is like one of these Rugby players that takes up boxing, a la Sonny Bill Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
                  I'd confidently stick a hundred on Joshua to lay Parker out. He isn't a fighting man like Tua was. Parker is like one of these Rugby players that takes up boxing, a la Sonny Bill Williams.
                  I do agree I don't see a real fighter inside parker he has skills and talent but he's no pitbull. I think he'll be able to be bullied

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                    Joseph learned that growing taller than 5'10" was a good idea.
                    This sums it up right here.

Even listing 5"10 is probably a bit generous - I stood next to David Tua a couple of years ago for a picture when I bumped into him down the main street of town (before his fight with Shane Cameron). I'm barely 6 foot and could comfortably look at the top of his head.

The guys fists were like bloody ham hocks though. Such a shame he never worked out how to box guys with a decent long jab - Tua's power was phenomenal.

Comment

Working...
                    X