Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donnie Nietes Makes Flyweight Debut, Dominates Edgar Sosa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donnie Nietes Makes Flyweight Debut, Dominates Edgar Sosa

Carson, Calif. - Donnie Nietes made his debut at the flyweight division on Saturday night a successful one. The longtime world titleholder at minimumweight and junior flyweight defeated Edgar Sosa by unanimous decision before a small, but partisan crowd at the Stubhub Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This writer needs to proofread their article! Sosa almost put Sosa down???? And Neites made it to the final bell????? It sounds like some guy named Neites is fighting another guy named Neites and some guy named Sosa is fighting another guy named Sosa. WTF????

Comment

Chocolatito got rid of Sosa in 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Not a good look for Nietes.

Comment

Nietes is not a ko artist and his older.

Comment

I thought he did good! Started a little slow but he is 34 years old. This also was his first fight at Flyweight!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Not a good look for Nietes.
              Power isn't everything, haven't we known this already?
              Roman probably wished that wasn't all he had in his last fight so his face didn't look like old, melted chocolate that got stepped on.

Nietes has lived and died by his boxing ability so far and hes done pretty well for himself with that.
              Maybe this is why the writers on this site get so many predictions wrong.
              Judging ability by who blasts out old shot fighters faster without looking at the big picture and all the intangibles that come with the sport.

Comment

I live 5 min from the StubHub center, I go to most fights there; I absolutely skipped this card. Nietes is the next Chris john, he's good but no one cares. How many people actually remember that he "beat" Marquez???. Good for him for beating Sosa... but... eh.

Comment

Nietes is a solid fighter but this would have been more meaningful if he'd beaten Sosa when he was a light flyweight or when he wasn't 37 and without a meaningful win in at least three years. Now that Gonzalez and Estrada are gone from the flyweight division, his best fight would be with Ioka, but I assume he'll take an softer route to an alphabet belt

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Nietes won 12 rounds EASILY.

And he is a bóxer, not a pressure fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X