Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Feels Power is More Fierce With Improved Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Feels Power is More Fierce With Improved Training

Joseph Parker has sounded an ominous warning to his rivals, saying a new weights programme has added to his thunderous power. And he's adamant it hasn't come at the expense of his notorious speed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He should have been on the weights a year earlier at least, its no accident Joshua is where he is and punching so hard, hes extremely dedicated to scientific training, a lot of stretching and plyometrics too

Comment

Originally posted by Pusnuts View Post
      He should have been on the weights a year earlier at least, its no accident Joshua is where he is and punching so hard, hes extremely dedicated to scientific training, a lot of stretching and plyometrics too
      need some source about this 'scientific training'

... seems intriguing

Comment

Yes Joshua had a weight training background but mainly uses bodyweight plyometrics now.Parker will probably blame the new program if he doesnt do well in the next fight.Really think he needs to work more on head movement than power.I think at the top level its not so much about the strength and conditioning anymore,that's already there,they really need to be working more on skills.

Comment

imo parker has a lot of potential, just need to work on his defence too

Comment

Imo parker peaked at 21.

He was this wonder kid with lightning fast hands and really thudding power.

I don't know if it's the Samoan genetics or what but to me he's been looking worse and worse as the fights have gone by.

He never had great foots peed but he's damn near a plodder now, his hands went from lightning to "pretty quick", his punches don't have as much of them and his stamina has decreased.

He's become predictable with his attacks and his defence is getting leakier.

Early in his career he was managed by Bob Jones, a new zealand businessman who wanted to develop him slowly and quietly and improve his skills and professionalism.

But then he left Jones and signed for Duco promotions who are low rent sideshow type promoters who stuck him on ppv, made him an nz celebrity and tried to fast track him to a title shot and it is going to end badly.

Parker didn't have the amateur pedigree of joshua, he was not an exceptional amateur and he needed development and a long apprenticeship as a pro, Bob Jones had the right idea, Duco are just looking for a paycheck.

Comment

Bob Jones is all talk, IMO hes actually ****ing clueless about modern professional boxing, I feel embarassed for him sometimes when he gobs off.
              Duco are doing a decent job I think so far for non boxing people, thanks to Kevin Barrys guidance too I guess
              They are providing that hes making enough money early in his career to train properly and maybe betting if he does get beat, he has the personality to continue learning

I agree Parker needs more skill and head movement but mainly much faster feet, otherwise hes Chris Arreola, he lacks reach for his height, hes got to use his feet
              Last edited by Flabble Scrote; 09-23-2016, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pusnuts View Post
                Bob Jones is all talk, hes actually ****ing clueless about modern professional boxing, I feel embarassed for him sometimes when he gobs off.
                Duco are doing a decent job so far for non boxing people, thanks to Kevin Barrys help too I guess

I agree Parker needs more head movement but mainly much faster feet, otherwise hes Chris Arreola, he lacks reach for his height, hes got to use his feet
                Kevin Barry is nobody, they just gave him parker to have an NZ coach, the guy can't train head movement he's a meat and potatos trainer that's why he had Tua one of the most gifted guys ever who all you needed to do was teach him to slip a jab and cut the ring off and you had a world champ, couldn't do it.

Then old coke head Barry fleeced him of most of his money and tua ended up living in a caravan.

Sad story I see Joe going the same way, his natural skill is actually being stifled.

No Jones wasn't a boxing expert but he had a good business mind and genuinely wanted the best for Joe, he didn't need to make a buck from him it was a passion project.

Duco know when Joe goes all they have left is the charity boxing events so they want that big payday fast

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                  Imo parker peaked at 21.

He was this wonder kid with lightning fast hands and really thudding power.

I don't know if it's the Samoan genetics or what but to me he's been looking worse and worse as the fights have gone by.

He never had great foots peed but he's damn near a plodder now, his hands went from lightning to "pretty quick", his punches don't have as much of them and his stamina has decreased.

He's become predictable with his attacks and his defence is getting leakier.

Early in his career he was managed by Bob Jones, a new zealand businessman who wanted to develop him slowly and quietly and improve his skills and professionalism.

But then he left Jones and signed for Duco promotions who are low rent sideshow type promoters who stuck him on ppv, made him an nz celebrity and tried to fast track him to a title shot and it is going to end badly.

Parker didn't have the amateur pedigree of joshua, he was not an exceptional amateur and he needed development and a long apprenticeship as a pro, Bob Jones had the right idea, Duco are just looking for a paycheck.
                  Yep........ Parker shot himself in the foot with that decision , the brain doent mature fully till aroundage 27 so i expect more of the same.

Comment

I dont disagree about Kevin Barry seeming a bit limited technically but hes installed a good attitude, Joe seems to have the talent to learn, if only an Eddie Futch was still around...
                    Duco should introduce someone else to show him a few things, Barry can stay on, Freddie Roach would be great imo but he couldnt do pad work with a heavyweight

Comment

Working...
                    X