Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Bermane Stiverne Discusses Alexander Povetkin Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Bermane Stiverne Discusses Alexander Povetkin Bout

Bermane Stiverne Video Interview - Ivan Kirpa, trainer of Olympic gold medal winner Alexander Povetkin, says his boxer is expecting a tough bout with former world champion Bermane Stiverne, who is based in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

After the Browne & Oquendo fights I see why nobody wants to go to Russia. The funny thing here is Povetkin's team wants to have this fight in the US but it is Don KIng who wants to take it overseas to Africa or Asia. King has done this many times before. I don't see King winning a purse bid.

Comment

Negotiations are probably extremely difficult for this one, it has been hinted here before. I doubt this one happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        Negotiations are probably extremely difficult for this one, it has been hinted here before. I doubt this one happens.
        Don King doesn't have the TV slots he use to have. Being a HW fan was great when King was on top. Sure we got a few dud fights but he would put on cards with 3 HW fights with all 3 being important to the title landscape. Sometimes 2 World title fights. He likes to have his fights all over the world. He doesn't have a great stable of fighters nowadays. I think his HWs are Stiverne, Molina & Trevor Bryan. I'm pretty sure this fight will happen & probably in the US. A couple times King won a bid but the fight never happened but this is for a HW interim title with the winner fighting Wilder. This is King's best shot at another HW champion. If Stiverne were to win you can bet if Wilder isn't ready Molina or Bryan will be getting the first shot. If Stiverne had beat Wilder it was Mark De Mori getting the next shot. Since he lost De Mori asked for his release & King gave it to him. He then got crushed by Haye in his first fight out from under King's rule.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          Don King doesn't have the TV slots he use to have. Being a HW fan was great when King was on top. Sure we got a few dud fights but he would put on cards with 3 HW fights with all 3 being important to the title landscape. Sometimes 2 World title fights. He likes to have his fights all over the world. He doesn't have a great stable of fighters nowadays. I think his HWs are Stiverne, Molina & Trevor Bryan. I'm pretty sure this fight will happen & probably in the US. A couple times King won a bid but the fight never happened but this is for a HW interim title with the winner fighting Wilder. This is King's best shot at another HW champion. If Stiverne were to win you can bet if Wilder isn't ready Molina or Bryan will be getting the first shot. If Stiverne had beat Wilder it was Mark De Mori getting the next shot. Since he lost De Mori asked for his release & King gave it to him. He then got crushed by Haye in his first fight out from under King's rule.
          Thanks for this post. Let's hope we see Stiverne-Povetkin. I agree it will be in the US, in case.

Comment

Working...
          X