Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker To Have Two More Fights Before Anthony Joshua Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Parker To Have Two More Fights Before Anthony Joshua Clash

Before scaling the highest peaks of heavyweight boxing, Joseph Parker must first turn axeman and chop a giant Ukrainian down to size. As far as mountaineering goes Alexander Dimitrenko represents one of the tallest tests Parker will face. But is by no means the most skilful.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What's the point of fighting bums.

Comment

This is a great developmental fight for Parker, Dimitrenko might have some serious flaws, but he's perfect for Parker at this stage. I also love they're talking about having another fight by the end of the year. Very active, decent opponents and not just trying to rush into the big money fight with Joshua. Strategically, they should take a fight with David Price in the UK come December. Build up his presence in the UK for a super fight with AJ.

Comment

Smart decision very happy they're taking this approach I was very sure Parker wasn't quite ready yet he hasn't had the right type of opponent to fight an animal like Joshua so very good decision!
        Dimitrenko first then someone along the same lines that offers that good counter punching skill that AJ does so good at.

It's going to benefit Parker a tonne that he is getting valuable sparring sessions in with Wladimir Klitschko, I look forward to 2017 If all goes well for Parker.

Comment

dimentrenKO'd, JP by brutal KO.
          wasnt this guy supposed to be hot **** once upon a time?

Comment

If they fight again this year after Dimitrenko they really ought to do it in the UK to help build some exposure for the Joshua fight. Let him maul somebody like Sexton or De Mori so the casual British fans believe it's going to be a real war between Parker and Joshua

Comment

I have no problem with Parker to push his mandatory rights for the AJ fight to 2017 as long as he stays busy and 2 more fights this year is a good idea.

In the meantime, AJ should at least fight Stiverne.

Comment

Good fight in preparation for AJ fight.. Duco events finally getting some opponents worthy enough to give Parker some on the job learning.. I expect the Parker to win by late KO or UD..

Comment

Originally posted by Son Of Fraud View Post
                  Smart decision very happy they're taking this approach I was very sure Parker wasn't quite ready yet he hasn't had the right type of opponent to fight an animal like Joshua so very good decision!
                  Dimitrenko first then someone along the same lines that offers that good counter punching skill that AJ does so good at.

It's going to benefit Parker a tonne that he is getting valuable sparring sessions in with Wladimir Klitschko, I look forward to 2017 If all goes well for Parker.
                  Is Parker in Wlad's camp again for the Fury rematch preparations?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                    Good fight in preparation for AJ fight.. Duco events finally getting some opponents worthy enough to give Parker some on the job learning.. I expect the Parker to win by late KO or UD..
                    He should have been doing this at least 4 fights back ,Parkers only decent guy is Takam ,the rest of the guys dont matter including the next guy .Hes knocking on Joshuas door and hasnt proggressed the way everyone thought he would ,at least the ones who know boxing .This is because hes either not as good we thought or the very poor management that lines up these guys which hs slowed his progress. Either way his team is playing it safe ,the problem is he will be going from rugby players ,out of prime guys to a "A" level fighter who can punch HARD . He needs to find a 6'6 ,power punching up and comer that will at least resemble Joshuas style ,they are out there ,whats the use going into a title fight walking on egg shells .........Takam is 6'2 ,not a power puncher at 35 .......these guys are not going to cut it !

If he cant blast Dimitrenko out soon and convincingly that will tell me all i need to know . I want to give Parker the benefit of the doubt but just looking at Skills alone i think hes really just another deceht win for Joshua , i see nothing beyond hand speed that screams out hes better much than Joshuas top wins. I would go far to say i could see Whyte knocking him out because Parker cannot stop over hand rights and Whyte can take a punch and has an awkward swarm style. I hope to be wrong because Parker can make a decent fight with anyone if he fine tunes the defense .

Comment

Working...
                    X