Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Early Ratings: Thurman-Porter Most Watched Bout of 2016 To Date

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Early Ratings: Thurman-Porter Most Watched Bout of 2016 To Date

Keith Thurman continues the steady transition from "One Time" to primetime.

The unbeaten welterweight titlist was forced to walk through hell and beyond in order to prevail over Shawn Porter in their Fight-of-the-Year level 12-round war Saturday evening at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

The CBS-televised headliner carries even more good news, with the fantastic battle pulling in an average of just over 2.4 million viewers according to the first round of ratings results provided by Nielsen Media Research, making it the most watched bout of 2016 to date.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn. This was the best show they ever put on and they didn't reach 3m on a free network. I expected at least Guerrero numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      Damn. This was the best show they ever put on and they didn't reach 3m on a free network. I expected at least Guerrero numbers.
      C'mon, man. Men's gymnastics was on at the same time on NBC. This is a great rating considering the competition.

Comment

I'm glad Thurman and Porter gave that audience a great reason to tune in next time.

Comment

I said the fight needed at least 2M for PBC's sake. It did 2.4 which is very good. Because it demonstrates that people will tune into watch a high profile fight between two fighters that have names.

Comment

Good. The fight deserves it! Arum predicted a good rating

Comment

the haters are eating crow

Comment

That was the average, the important number is the peak numbers which a lot of these writers never put in.

Comment

That was an AWESOME ACTION packed fight!!!

Uncle Al needs to give us MORE!!!

This is going to be one HECK of a year!!!

Postol vs. Crawford

P4P #1. Ward vs. Kov.

Comment

Ohh and

Leo Santa Cruz vs. Frampton is going to be a GREAT scrap.

Comment

Working...
                    X