Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Enzo Maccarinelli Was Fearless, Took on All Comers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren: Enzo Maccarinelli Was Fearless, Took on All Comers

The curtain came down on a fine career at York Hall on Friday night when Enzo Maccarinelli dropped his guard against the heavy hitting Dmytro Kucher in a challenge for the EBU cruiserweight title. That he was still in the punching for titles at the age of 35 and after 49 fights tells you everything you need to know about the man. He is fearless, would take on all-comers and simply loves the sport to such an extent that, while he was prolonging his career under the astute tutelage of Gary Lockett in Cardiff, he was also training up young hopefuls at his own gym in Swansea.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Love Enzo.

I'll miss him.

Comment

Cue EnzoMcis**** in 3...2...

Where is that dude when you need him?

On topic: I do like Enzo - not the most elite but he was a decent world champion and was always in exciting fights.

Comment

Enzo must have had a short memory. The kind of dude were things don't bother him because he'd get annihilated then be back at it to possibly get annihilated again.

Gotta say he was pretty fearless given his china chin.

Comment

I liked Enzo. He wasn't top level obviously, but he was a honest fighter and gave it a go. Comes across as a honest talker also.

I was ringside when he was KO'ed by Afolabi. I wondered where he would go from there , and then his loss to Lebedev, but he went on a decent enough little run.

His win against McKenzie was a good one, especially after the terrible call from the ref in their first fight.

He made the most of what he had, and picked up British, European, Commonwealth, and World Tile along the way. Good for him. Happy retirement :ANYWORD:

Comment

Enzo vs. Briedes by next month. Enzo can never stay away

Comment

to be fair i agree, he was fearless given his chin and him knowing his chin but when your punch resistance is gone its gone. happy retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                The curtain came down on a fine career at York Hall on Friday night when Enzo Maccarinelli dropped his guard against the heavy hitting Dmytro Kucher in a challenge for the EBU cruiserweight title. That he was still in the punching for titles at the age of 35 and after 49 fights tells you everything you need to know about the man. He is fearless, would take on all-comers and simply loves the sport to such an extent that, while he was prolonging his career under the astute tutelage of Gary Lockett in Cardiff, he was also training up young hopefuls at his own gym in Swansea.
                [Click Here To Read More]
                I reckon he should have retired after the Frenkel fight perhaps?.....some were calling for that anyway after that Loss and the way in which it happened.

Comment

Working...
                X