Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO, Showtime Struggle In Ratings For Dueling June 11 Telecasts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO, Showtime Struggle In Ratings For Dueling June 11 Telecasts

As was the case on this very weekend one year ago, HBO and Showtime both struggled in the ratings department following dueling network boxing telecasts this past Saturday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Didnt think HBO would do better than Showtime

Comment

Wow, those are pretty poor numbers for HBO. I guess Lomachenko is not the next Pacquiao just yet and it seems nobody gives a **** about Verdejo

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
        Didnt think HBO would do better than Showtime
        Showtime has significantly less subscribers. The only reason I have it is for boxing

Comment

Terrible ratings for HBO. And like I been saying Loma is not a draw. Compare this to Vargas/Salido which just drew 833k viewers on HBO the week prior. Now think about how much Loma just got paid MORE then double what Vargas and Salido made combined. Vargas/Salido drew way more fans to the arena and larger TV viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Terrible ratings for HBO. And like I been saying Loma is not a draw. Compare this to Vargas/Salido which just drew 833k viewers on HBO the week prior. Now think about how much Loma just got paid MORE then double what Vargas and Salido made combined. Vargas/Salido drew way more fans to the arena and larger TV viewers.
            And I haven't seen anyone saying he's a draw.

Comment

Showtimes ratings are not good either but they are about consistent to what they have fallen off to. Their entire card did around 300 something thousand viewers. Terrible but 300-400k is what they been doing for about a year now. The real story is HBO paid Loma a lot of money to headline a card and it flopped. And you got Bob Arum saying HBO needs to pay more money for him and how he is this big superstar. Sorry no he isn't. And especially after the ratings Vargas and Salido.

Comment

It also didnt have to compete with a showtime card across town

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                  And I haven't seen anyone saying he's a draw.
                  Yeah people were saying loma was a draw when I asked if Andrade was kicked off HBO.

Comment

According to some idiots on here he deserves that money because he might die the next time he fights. Never mind the fact that overpaying guys like him is what is leading major players like HBO to cut their budget and turn down fight. People just don't care about boxing and these numbers reflect that.

Comment

Working...
                    X