Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko-Soliman, Khytrov-Mendez in Play: 7/21 on ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko-Soliman, Khytrov-Mendez in Play: 7/21 on ESPN

A source tells BoxingScene.com that the July 21st Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN card will be doubleheader headlined by a pair of middleweights who hail originally from the Ukraine, Sergiy Derevyanchenko (8-0, 6 KO's) and Ievgen Khytrov (13-0, 11 KO's).

[Click Here To Read More]

These are pretty good fights for both guys

Comment

These are great fights. I figured Derevyanchenko would fight Soliman next. He's #4 in the IBF and Soliman is a cheap & willing fighter who's still at #8. I think Derevyanchenko stops Soliman late and that win will put him in an eliminator with Tureano Johnson who he'll steam roll. Still he needs another fight or two beyond Soliman and Johnson before he should step in with Golovkin.

I really like Paul Mendez, solid journeyman-prospect. I expect him to give Khytrov a hell of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        These are great fights. I figured Derevyanchenko would fight Soliman next. He's #4 in the IBF and Soliman is a cheap & willing fighter who's still at #8. I think Derevyanchenko stops Soliman late and that win will put him in an eliminator with Tureano Johnson who he'll steam roll. Still he needs another fight or two beyond Soliman and Johnson before he should step in with Golovkin.

I really like Paul Mendez, solid journeyman-prospect. I expect him to give Khytrov a hell of a fight.
        Why are you so high on Derevyanchenko? He doesn't have the best physical attributes, is not a great amateur and is already 30. What am I missing? Just personal opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          Why are you so high on Derevyanchenko? He doesn't have the best physical attributes, is not a great amateur and is already 30. What am I missing? Just personal opinion?
          Agreed. He's not very good, IMO.

Comment

Two best MW prospects.. Man MW & LHW are getting dominated by former soviet nation boxers LOL

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              Derevyanchenko doesn't have great reach/height, and not a big puncher, but he's high IQ with great reflexes. Idk what you're saying that he wasn't a great amateur, politics held him back but he was a top performer.

Come next year, I expect Golovkin's biggest threats at MW to be Derevyanchenko and Eubank.

Comment

Nice pairings -- something to look forward to. Remember when Al Haymon was racist because he didn't work with white fighters?

Comment

Khytrov-Mendez is a good fight

But Solimon lol no

Comment

Working...
                  X