Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Martin Murray Gives Take on Canelo-Golovkin Rift

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Martin Murray Gives Take on Canelo-Golovkin Rift

Martin Murray Talks Canelo vs. Golovkin - As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Eddie Hearn hosted a double presser in London earlier today to unveil new signing Dillian Whyte (16-1, 13 KOs) as well as bringing George Groves (23-3, 18 early) and Martin Murray (33-3-1, 16 stoppages) face-to-face ahead of their June 25 fight at London's O2 Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good interview. Cuts right to the chase. They just don't want the fight. Interesting that he says Golovkin is on another level to anyone he's faced, including Sturm, Abraham, Sergio etc.

Comment

I still need some translation for this Limey...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Good interview. Cuts right to the chase. They just don't want the fight. Interesting that he says Golovkin is on another level to anyone he's faced, including Sturm, Abraham, Sergio etc.
        Easy to see why he says that. He was robbed against Strum, arguably beat Sergio, and gave a good account of himself against Abraham. While GGG beat the **** out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Oi oi ease up mr lol....He pretty much said is canelo's avoiding the fight he don't want it and it's wrong that canelo was trying to drag goloviin down to 155...160 is middleweight and canelo cannot have a belt if he don't want to defend it at 160....he also said he's been in with sturm,Abraham and Martinez and he said Golovkin is on a completely different level and one of the best ever middleweights ....Murray pretty much stated how things are and no bull**** talk

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
            Easy to see why he says that. He was robbed against Strum, arguably beat Sergio, and gave a good account of himself against Abraham. While GGG beat the **** out of him.
            Murray was butchered by golovkin in the end and he took a sustained prolonged beating But He done better with golovkin than anybody else he had faced and lasted until the 11th round and was finally stopped and Murray was robbed against sturm and Martinez and could have got the decision against Abraham ....golovkin is a different beast to any of them

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
              Oi oi ease up mr lol....He pretty much said is canelo's avoiding the fight he don't want it and it's wrong that canelo was trying to drag goloviin down to 155...160 is middleweight and canelo cannot have a belt if he don't want to defend it at 160....he also said he's been in with sturm,Abraham and Martinez and he said Golovkin is on a completely different level and one of the best ever middleweights ....Murray pretty much stated how things are and no bull**** talk
              I've pretty much understood those... But thanks.

Comment

Murray's one of the classier guys in the sport. Even when he was getting controversial decisions, he didn't completely bad mouth the opponent, which everyone does. When he lost against Golovkin, he gave full credit to his opponent, instead of the other cats. Rosado started talking 'his gloves aint right', both Monroe and Stevens said 'he dont hit that hard, he's not that good' even after they lost. Murray said the better man won, which I respect.

I truly hate the fighters who can't be respectful to their opponents. One of the main reasons I despise Charles Martin. He doesn't have much skill, but he has even less class.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  "Itz Golovkin innit, eez klas ... ya no worrai min?" >>> He rates Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    Murray's one of the classier guys in the sport. Even when he was getting controversial decisions, he didn't completely bad mouth the opponent, which everyone does. When he lost against Golovkin, he gave full credit to his opponent, instead of the other cats. Rosado started talking 'his gloves aint right', both Monroe and Stevens said 'he dont hit that hard, he's not that good' even after they lost. Murray said the better man won, which I respect.

I truly hate the fighters who can't be respectful to their opponents. One of the main reasons I despise Charles Martin. He doesn't have much skill, but he has even less class.

Like when Pacquiao made all those excuses after losing to Mayweather ?

Comment

Working...
                    X