Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Wants Title For Gomez at 140, Feels Tapia Should Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach Wants Title For Gomez at 140, Feels Tapia Should Retire

Noted trainer Freddie Roach was a busy man this past weekend as he worked two corners at the T-Mobile Arena on the Saul Alvarez-Amir Khan HBO pay-per-view undercard from Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

I agree, Tapia should call it a day. He looked terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      I agree, Tapia should call it a day. He looked terrible.
      He looked terrible ???.i wonder who his trainer is.

Comment

There's a difference in fighting under the lights and then fighting in the gym looking dope. Hes done, hope his thick Ass wife don't leave his punch drunk self

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
          He looked terrible ???.i wonder who his trainer is.
          The best in the business Freddie Roach, when you have the best trainer and you can't perform there is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
            The best in the business Freddie Roach, when you have the best trainer and you can't perform there is a problem.
            you cant be the best in the business if the fighters you train keep losing,

Comment

Say what u want about roach but hes not like virgil and let his fighter get the **** kicked outta him.

Comment

I doubt he can make 140, I wish because I would LOVE to see Gomez vs Matthysse

Comment

Tapia is no Hopkins by any means, but funnily enough Roach's best fighter ever, Manny Pacquiao, also suffered two bad KO's when he was young, to lesser fighters than Kirkland, Soro and Lemiuex. Roach is just lazy at this point, he doesn't have it in him to work with a young fighter and build him. Tapia despite his 3 TKO's, clearly has the punch resistance, given that he's never actually been knocked down or out, more like ref stoppages while standing. The KD versus Lemiuex looked phony, since Lemiuex hit him in the back of the head after he hurt him. He was fouled, but it didn't matter I knew he was gonna lose that fight.

Tapia needs Robert Garcia obviously.

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                  Roach told Hopkins to retire and refused to train him for the Pavlik fight.

Comment

Roach you should retire, it was Tapia fault the fight went that way he followed your instruction, he was a loyal solider! he went out the way you sent him. The previous round before the stoppage when he abondoned YOUR GAME PLAN and fought back toe to toe he had success and won the exchange and stopped LeMule assualt. He went back to the corner and asked should I push him back and YOU said no keep doing what your doing just do it better. LMFAO! GTFOH!

You failed him, he needs to leave roach NOW before they ruin your career beyond repair, right now you can still do a come back but one more set back they gonna drop you liek they did Mike Jones.

Comment

Working...
                    X