Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frankie Gomez Outboxes Mauricio Herrera For Lopsided Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frankie Gomez Outboxes Mauricio Herrera For Lopsided Decision

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas - Undefeated Frankie "Pitbull" Gomez (21-0, 13 KOs) picked up the biggest win of his career with a dominating ten round unanimous decision over former WBA interim-junior welterweight champion Mauricio "El Maestro" Herrera (22-6) in a ten-round welterweight fight. All three judges had it 100-90 for Gomez.

[Click Here To Read More]

Gomez is just ok. Herrera was, i hate saying it cuz he is a warrior, but tonight was just a punching bag. Didnt tell us a damn thing about gomez. Herrera was disappointing. Gomez has good up side.

Comment

Beat Down

Gomez beat Herrera handily. Shocked that it was so one sided.

Gomez was too skilled, fast, and quick for Herrera.

Not comparing but Herrera has faced the likes of Provo, Garcia, etc. and I have never seen him look so bad. Not sure if it was the weight or not fighting Lucas but this was a beat down.

For Gomez I would to see him fight Antonio Orozco or Granado Rematch.

Hopefully Gomez stays hungry, motivated, and in shape.

Comment

Herrera is a natural 140lber. He weighed 145.5. What was the weightsbfor the night?

Comment

Frankie is natural fighter, he has good things in his future if he stays motivated.

Hes not Mikey Garcia level by any means, but he does have that natural ability to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
            Gomez is just ok. Herrera was, i hate saying it cuz he is a warrior, but tonight was just a punching bag. Didnt tell us a damn thing about gomez. Herrera was disappointing. Gomez has good up side.
            Yeah thats how I see it , Gomez is ok but nothing special I doubt he will win a WT .

Comment

Herrera looked shot..

Good win for Gomez, he needs to stay active and fight competitive matchups.. Would like to see him vs bizer, jojo Dan,caliber fighters and then maybe the top guys

Comment

been a fan since amateurs, always said he would be better than Jose Benevidez when both was getting a lot of hype when they turned pro but Frankie adding some boxing skills to his style and is no longer just a straight line come forward figher. Completed outboxed Herrera which I don't think many expected would happen

I think/HOPE he is figuring things out and will stay out of his trouble, even his friends around him should look out for him and HELP keep him out of trouble because he has a lot of potential

Comment

Gomez schooled Herrera, I was surprised how easy he made it look.

Comment

I was never a fan of this match-up. This was sold as a war possible fight of the night and was supposed to be an even fight, but I knew if Gomez showed up Herrera had no chance.

Its sad really. Herrera should be able to say hes an unified world champion after clowning Gift Garcia, getting robbed, and getting Danny ran out of Puerto Rico.
                    Unfortunately, Gomez is no Danny. Theres levels at work here and Gomez has true legitimate talent. Herrera was unlikely to win this fight and I feel bad because Herrera deserved to have a lot more accomplishments than he has to look back on as his career winds down.

Gomez just needs to stay on the right track. He has a great chance at doing real damage wherever he decides to campaign at.

Comment

Working...
                    X