Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: Rodriguez-Thomas Winner is Likely Next in July

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: Rodriguez-Thomas Winner is Likely Next in July

On April 30th light heavyweight contenders Edwin Rodriguez (28-1) and Thomas Williams Jr. (19-1) will square off at the StubHub Center on Carson. California.

[Click Here To Read More]

Fonfara rematch, or Alvarez.

anything else is unacceptable coming off the shameful streak that Stevenson has gone through. He's already bordering on irrelevance

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Fonfara rematch, or Alvarez.

anything else is unacceptable coming off the shameful streak that Stevenson has gone through. He's already bordering on irrelevance
      I agree. I don't really like Stevenson but there's no denying he's a good fighter and it's a shame he's 39 and still hasn't had a defining fight. He looked good last November but fighters age quick in their late 30's. IMO Stevenson should cash out in 2017 against Kovalev and call it a career.

He won't be losing his massive punching power soon and I think he would still have a chance against Kovalev in 2017 if they could make the fight happen. That being said I still think his best opportunity to beat Kovalev was in 2015 and it's even more likely that he'll lose at this point. If Adonis cares at all about legacy he should do everything possible to fight Kovalev. I don't think he's scared but it looks like Adonis is just in it for the money because he should be pushing to fight Kovalev if he wanted to prove he's the best.

Comment

Wow. Never seen anything like it; waiting for the result of a fight that would take months, which include fighters of such fight taking time to nurse their injuries, initial exploratory talks, change in plans, etc.

Why can't he fight someone available?

Comment

Adonis is close to achieving his masters degree in obscurity. I guess respect to Adonis for making a bunch of money fighting lesser guys in his last couple fights that have been & looks like continue to be meaningless.

It'd be nice if the market correction came into play quicker when you fought bs opponents. And even if Kovalev is undoable there is still Alvarez, Fonfara II & Beterbiev who would be good fights to make.

Comment

I'm impressed at how Stevenson continues to ruin his brand. From his terrible acting job stepping up to Kovalev to him waiting until July to fight again. At least he should keep fighting cans 4 times a year instead of twice. Keep himself semi relevant

Comment

God knows he needed a ten month layoff after the hellacious schedule he's had.

Comment

Man this guy should really just **** off

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                  Wow. Never seen anything like it; waiting for the result of a fight that would take months, which include fighters of such fight taking time to nurse their injuries, initial exploratory talks, change in plans, etc.

Why can't he fight someone available?
                  No different than the setup that Floyd had since coming back to boxing for the Marquez fight, tbh.

Stevenson has a date and a venue (Bell Centre) already set, and he's simply looking to finalize who he's going to fight.

Alvarez, Fonfara II, and Rodriguez/WilliamsJr winner are the likely three names on his shortlist.

Comment

haha i forgot all about this coward. Why doesnt haymon throw him in with beterbiev? When was that guys last fight anyway?

Comment

Working...
                    X