No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tommy Zbikowski Set For Ring Return Friday In Chicago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tommy Zbikowski Set For Ring Return Friday In Chicago

Hitz Boxing returns to The Belvedere this Friday, as Notre Dame great Tommy Zbikowski makes his long-awaited ring return in his hometown of Chicago. A fighter inside the ring, and a Chicago Firefighter outside the ring, the former NFLer fights for more than money or fame on Friday, as he raises money for fallen Chicago Firefighter Daniel Capuano, who was killed in the line of duty in a Chicago warehouse fire in December. A portion of the evening's profits will be donated to Capuano's family.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I was at his first pro fight. It was on a cotto undercard. His classmates really came out for him. It was a awesome turnout. He's not a bad boxer either. If he's been training since his retirement and has lost some of the bulk from the football specific muscle he can have a fun career at cruiserweight.

Comment

I used to love watching that dude play football. Him and Harrison Smith were both great safeties for the Irish. Man he'd be out there returning punts for touchdowns with a hangover.

Comment

He was a good amateur. I heard he's gonna try to get down to 175. Not sure how reasonable that is, but for sure in this era HW is bad news if you aren't 6'4+ & 240lbs+.

Also I heard he got busted for PEDs or something in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
          I used to love watching that dude play football. Him and Harrison Smith were both great safeties for the Irish. Man he'd be out there returning punts for touchdowns with a hangover.
          Yeah, used to love watching him play for the Irish. He was a hitter at safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Frog View Post
            Yeah, used to love watching him play for the Irish. He was a hitter at safety.
            Green K Sent.

Comment

He didn't look too good when he took a couple fights during the NFL lockout a couple years back.

Comment

I heard that back when he was playing football, he would get drunk the night before the games. Apparently some of his best games came while he was hungover. Wonder if the same applies to boxing.

Comment

I'll want to check that out - if nothing else, I thought his handspeed was very respectable in those one or two pro fights he had. He was fighting nobodies, but the speed was above average I'd say. He's 30 now so maybe that's dipped back down to average but we'll see. he seemed to have some basis to his game and had good instincts and reflex in the ring- not just some football player trying to box
                  Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 04-19-2016, 07:04 PM.

Comment

This fights literally minutes from my house. I should really consider buying a ticket.

Comment

Working...
                    X