Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Victor Ortiz in Top Form, Grinds Hard For Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Victor Ortiz in Top Form, Grinds Hard For Berto

Ortiz and Berto will square-off in a rematch of their 2011 Fight of the Year in which Ortiz took home a victory as both men hit the canvas throughout the 12-round affair. Now, Ortiz is preparing for another big victory that could catapult him back to world title contention.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'd like to see Ortiz make a comeback, but he just doesn't have the heart for this sport. That's been shown more than once already. He's still young and strong, so I think he could be in some interesting fights, but he doesn't have the mental strength to go to war with any of this top guys at 147 & 154. I'd like to be wrong in this case though...

Comment

In a world full of harsh criticism, I will say this: Ortiz-Berto-1 was awesome. I think that both of them have pretty leaky defense and can hit hard. Both are now a lot more gun shy tho, so it will be a decision again. Ortiz loads up too much, and Berto is not a good of a counter puncher as he was 5 years ago.

Comment

Dude looks washed up and old.

Comment

Berto should win this. Ortiz's punch resistance seems non-existent these days, although another fight with Andre should motivate the hell out of Ortiz.

Their 2011 bout was one of the best fights I've ever seen, so props to both men for that.

Comment

To me Ortiz has the talent to be the best WW and Jr MW but he just doesn't have the heart and dedication needed to over come all ring adversity thrown his way

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              To me Ortiz has the talent to be the best WW and Jr MW but he just doesn't have the heart and dedication needed to over come all ring adversity thrown his way
              ^^^^^^^^yup

Comment

After Berto fight win or lose, he should retire. He never was an elite fighter, just a good champion once, has-been now he is. Same for Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Dude looks washed up and old.
                  He really does. Looks like he cut a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Did he complete a fat camp or training camp?

Comment

He always looks top form in the gym. The guy is always in good shape and always works out. His problem is he just doesn't seem built for the ring. Sad to say bc I was once a big Ortiz fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X