Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua's First Defense - HBO, Showtime Both Vying For TV Rights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua's First Defense - HBO, Showtime Both Vying For TV Rights

Both HBO and Showtime are vying for the exclusive T.V rights to broadcast Anthony Joshua's first defence of his IBF heavyweight title, according to his promoter Eddie Hearn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good for Joshua. He bout to start his own TMT.

Here's Hearn talking about the top choices:

“IT’S likely to be an American opponent to appeal to the market over there,” Eddie Hearn tells Boxing News on Tuesday morning about Joshua’s next fight, likely to be on June 25 at the O2, or July 9 at Wembley Stadium.

Bryant Jennings is high quality and we looked at him as a potential opponent for April 9. But he’s coming off two losses so we don’t know if the IBF would even sanction the fight.

Eric Molina is a good shout, and gave Deontay Wilder a great fight before beating Tomasz Adamek recently, and he’s already ranked.

Dominic Breazeale is 17-0 with 15 knockouts. He’s a big lump and can really punch.

Jarrell Miller is an unknown quantity, ranked No.15 by the IBF, but he’s a good talker.

Bermane Stiverne might be the toughest of them all. He went 12 with Wilder, he has decent speed and good movement.

Malik Scott makes sense, he’s awkward and skilful, but of course he has that huge blotch on his record which was the one-round loss to Wilder. We need some tough guys who can go rounds, but I’m not sure those guys exist.”

Comment

As I said last week, AJ is going to be an absolute megastar.

You're looking at a man that can transcend the sport of boxing. It's not hard to sell an Olympic gold medal winning world champion who sports an undefeated record and 100% KO ratio, while being built like a superhero.

The man is a promoters dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

basically hearn is just making mouth noises with name drop's when we all know it's going to be malik scott.
        That Miller is a prospect who has a fight next month, so why even mention his name?

Comment

Joshua vs. Stiverne would be an amazing fight.

Comment

I really hope he doesn't fight that bum Malik Scott, i still remember him taking a dive

Bermane Stiverne would be a good b level opponent

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Mostly Deontay Wilder's leftovers.

Comment

From that list, Stiverne, Molina and Jennings are ok. The others pointless.

Comment

How the mighty USA has fallen....the green eyed monster will be out in force from the American posters.....sit back and take notice because it's gonna be a wild ride.....AJ is about to make a grand entrance

Comment

Be smart Eddie Hearn and Anthony Joshua both networks will be HUGE MONEY for a unification fight. Don't commit long term to either network.

Wouldnt shock me if makes close to 8 figures over a 8 figures for fights with Fury, Wilder, and Klitchko. Also would probably make a decent 7 figures for Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                    X