No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Early Golden Boy Fight Club Results From Los Angeles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Early Golden Boy Fight Club Results From Los Angeles

Bantamweight Joshua Franco (5-0, 3 KOs) stopped Jorge Perez in the second round of a scheduled six round bout. Franco hurt Perez with a right uppercut-left hook combination, eventually dropping him to the canvas. Franco dropped Perez (2-2, 1 KO) with another right uppercut to the head in round two, promoting referee Dr. Lou Moret to stop the bout at 1:24.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Avila is clearly one of the worst unbeaten fighters to come along in a long time. Struggled badly with a shot club fighter and was given a gift by the judges. Throws a punch and runs, throws a punch and runs. He will get clowned badly when he steps up. Alvarado is slow as paint drying and he still buckled Avila's legs a number of times with right hands. Avila is mediocre at best.

Comment

Interesting Night of Fights

Solid win for Avila. Alvarado tests you in various ways. Not sure if Avila is ready for the Featherweight Division but he got a griddy win. To me he should drop down weight and get a title opportunity.

Maybe a fight with Ronnie Rios next if he doesn't drop weight.

Gonzalez got another comeback win but I'm not sure if he will be more than a gatekeeper. Still very entertaining. A Soto Karass type fight.

Valerio and Franco look to have very promising futures. Both guys have major skills both in overall skill and power. It wouldn't suprise me if both are fast tracked.

Rubio Jr. and Nava are extremely raw and probably will be fixtures on this series of fights for a while. Both have talent but they need a lot of development.

Comment

Sorry, I was not impressed even though the loser tko'd Castellanos several years bk in El Paso...

Comment

Working...
        X