No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Sullivan Barrera: Post-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Sullivan Barrera: Post-Fight Report Card

Anyone who was looking forward to a clash between Andre Ward and Sergey Kovalev before last weekend is probably even more interested now. Part of the fun of big fights is the build up. Part of the build up is the comparing and contrasting of well-matched professionals. For anyone who likes the former super middleweight champion Ward over Kovalev, they've got to like that snappy counter left and the way he got harder to hit as the fight wore on.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pre fight power both got B after fight Ward should Have got B+ dropped Sullivan twice and at super middle more of a volume tko or dec guy. Still hating on Ward amazing

Comment

Wasn't there an article posted on BS that showed after the Barerra fight Ward had one of the best +/- ratios in the sport and he held Barerra to only landing 15% of his shots, but his defense got subtracted? I really don't understand this.

Comment

I think Cliff was right in abouthow special this fight is and what both fighters' chances are in it. Pick'em fight. Can't wait personally.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
          Pre fight power both got B after fight Ward should Have got B+ dropped Sullivan twice and at super middle more of a volume tko or dec guy. Still hating on Ward amazing
          He knocked him down once at the beginning,and it was a flash knockdown.

Comment

Ward is great and that is obvious. But this was a tune up fight. Lets not get too carried away. He will have one more tune up, I believe before he faces the krusher.

Comment

... how do they have the same power rating? Ward won the fight and Barrera landed only 15% of his punches, but look at their faces after the fight. Barrera is clean while Ward is visibly marked up.

In no possible world is their power the same. One knockdown, delivered at a perfect timing against an overbalanced opponent does not equal power.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                Wasn't there an article posted on BS that showed after the Barerra fight Ward had one of the best +/- ratios in the sport and he held Barerra to only landing 15% of his shots, but his defense got subtracted? I really don't understand this.

Expectations maybe ?

He got touched more than usual.

But yea, good point.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  ... how do they have the same power rating? Ward won the fight and Barrera landed only 15% of his punches, but look at their faces after the fight. Barrera is clean while Ward is visibly marked up.

In no possible world is their power the same. One knockdown, delivered at a perfect timing against an overbalanced opponent does not equal power.

That's a fair point too.

Comment

Ward needs to be sharp for Kovalev.

I want someone like Fonfara next up.

Fonfara is with Haymon right, so is that fight make-able ?

I think Haymon/RN are ok ?

I can't keep up with that dreadful ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X