No announcement yet.

Skip The Commentary, Watch The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip The Commentary, Watch The Fight

I’ve got a tip for boxing fans the next time they watch an HBO fight: Turn the fight on mute and score the bout yourself. Just try it. I mean, choose a fight where you find yourself neutral toward both boxers. Then, unplug the sound. [details]

EXACTLY!

When i first watched this fight on replay i saw no domination from mayweather and saw this fight very close.

Comment

that's Bert Sugar's suggestion

Bert Sugar said exactly that in an interview I saw a little while ago. He thinks that many boxing fans are influenced by what commentators say during a fight. I say that it depends on the commentator. I find that Al Bernstein's commentary is always a welcome addition, Teddy Atlas's commentary is often good even if I don't always agree, Sean O'Grady's commentary is usually objective and sensible. However, Jim Lampley's commentary I can do without, along with that of Larry Merchant. Harold Lederman I like, but his commentary is sometimes biased (that's what others have said).

Comment

Isn't the whole point to be focused on the fight? If you let these guys influence what your watching then you must have a very short attention span. I don't neet to use mute at all, first off I like hearing the crowd and second i like hearing the impcats of the gloves. Mt attention is only focused on the fight and I could care less what commentators are saying, hell when my friends try to talk to me during a round I don't even listen to them. Anyway whatever helps you I guess.

Comment

good point

except the example the author brings of the commentary of mayweather-judah (his scorecard in particular) just goes to show he is as biased as the HBO crew

"I don’t think anyone can dispute the fact that Judah took the 12th round convincingly."

"close rounds"? which ones? 5,6,7,8,9,10,11?

I hope this person is not paid for this crap... reeno, lederman, espn (and pretty much everyone who is not waking up every morning to pray for mayweather to lose) they all scored the fight the f-++-+ same, +/- one round

the author is just like the judge who scored 11-1 mayweather, or the hbo crew, biased and unable to distinguish his hopes from what actually happens in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by USA4LIFE
            Isn't the whole point to be focused on the fight? If you let these guys influence what your watching then you must have a very short attention span. I don't neet to use mute at all, first off I like hearing the crowd and second i like hearing the impcats of the gloves. Mt attention is only focused on the fight and I could care less what commentators are saying, hell when my friends try to talk to me during a round I don't even listen to them. Anyway whatever helps you I guess.

I aggree. But, when I said this fight was a close fight a lot of posters where saying how I could have scored it close when they felt mayweather dominated judah and i didn't see that. good fight but not a dominating effort.

Comment

Yeah that judge was terrible. I scored most of the fight for Mayweather. But even in a few rounds where I thought (man, Judah hit him a lot and Mayweather didn't do much) then that judge scored it for Mayweather... I'm not sure what he was being paid that night.

Comment

Thas why i thought Judah won taht fight, cause i never listen to them nigas and jus base it on what i see.

I had it a draw actually, but if they would have counted the knockdown which was a legit knockdown then i had Judah winning.

Comment

Originally posted by B.relampago
                  Thas why i thought Judah won taht fight, cause i never listen to them nigas and jus base it on what i see.

I had it a draw actually, but if they would have counted the knockdown which was a legit knockdown then i had Judah winning.

You mean Lennox Lewis? LMAO j/k

Comment

You can't watch with no sound because it really does make a difference in telling which punches were more effective. I guess that's just my personal opinion but I think you can give a guy too much credit for connecting when he didn't if you watch with no sound

Comment

Working...
                    X