Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: I Thought Ward Would Get Early KO, Barrera Did Well

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev: I Thought Ward Would Get Early KO, Barrera Did Well

Unified light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev is surprised Sullivan Barrera was able to last the entire twelve round distance with Andre Ward, who has unanimously outpointed the Cuban fighter in his light heavyweight debut to set the stage for a potential fight against in the fall
    [Click Here To Read More]

Next thread--

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: I farted in between rounds 4 and 5, during the fight. I think Amir Khan smelled it.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
      Next thread--

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: I farted in between rounds 4 and 5, during the fight. I think Amir Khan smelled it.
      Whahahahahaha!!!

Comment

ya i mean ward looked good but there is no way around fact that he was very rusty. all we heard all week was how aggressive and active barrera would be unfortunately we didnt get to see that

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
          ya i mean ward looked good but there is no way around fact that he was very rusty. all we heard all week was how aggressive and active barrera would be unfortunately we didnt get to see that
          he threw 800 punches bro..dont take ward's credit away..u cant get more active than 800punches vs a target that is not a sitting duck for you to unload. and anytime he did unload ward won the counter battle much more than not.

i dont take anything from barrera i give all the credit to ward in this one. he was schooling him with just enough movment and sitting right in the pocket hurting the bigger puncher

Comment

I actually went to the fight and had a pretty decent seat so I saw all of the action, so here is my honest report: Andre's right hand was non existent (but it didnt matter because he was landing the jab and left hook all day long) Andre never appeared to hurt Barrera but somehow seemed to keep Barrera at a distance and unwilling or unable to put together punches. Andre has enough pop to get respect but nowhere near enough to beat a kovalev IMO-and I am A fan of Andre BUT I have to admit that watching Andre is like watching the San Antonio Spurs, they both play and win at a championship level but it can be very hard to watch-VERY hard to watch

Comment

Kovalev KO's lil Ward !

Comment

Ward has no pop yet he dropped probably the strongest (in size and physicality) LHW out there with a hook that didn't even land flush in the second round. You guys are hilarious lol After that Barrera became ultra defensive and was getting completely outclassed.

The truth is Kovalev is not in the same class as Ward as a boxer and its obvious. Strength doesn't mean at thing if you can't land any good shots. Based on Kovalev's performances in the past he hasn't shown anything to suggest he could actually get to Ward. When they meet it will be an easy win for Ward. UD in 12 rounds.

Comment

Ward looked really good. Theres always somebody criticising a fighters performance after every fight, Wards no different. I thought he looked good, got some rds against a solid LHW..ppl are overlookn how big Sullivan was vs Ward and how welll he did

Ward over Kov come Nov

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    Ward has no pop yet he dropped probably the strongest (in size and physicality) LHW out there with a hook that didn't even land flush in the second round. You guys are hilarious lol After that Barrera became ultra defensive and was getting completely outclassed.

The truth is Kovalev is not in the same class as Ward as a boxer and its obvious. Strength doesn't mean at thing if you can't land any good shots. Based on Kovalev's performances in the past he hasn't shown anything to suggest he could actually get to Ward. When they meet it will be an easy win for Ward. UD in 12 rounds.

Which is exactly what happened to Barrera last night, and the exact same thing would have happened to lil'G, and Sanchez knows it.

Ward will be right in that fight, Kovalev will be the one with questions to answer.

Sucks that Ward/lil'G didn't happen, there woulda been tonnes of dumb money floating around for that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X