Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Browne: I'm Completely Innocent, Not a Drug User or Cheat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucas Browne: I'm Completely Innocent, Not a Drug User or Cheat

Australia's world heavyweight boxing champion Lucas Browne says he is completely innocent of doping but has no idea if he can clear his name. The WBA this week announced the 36-year-old Browne had tested positive in his A sample to banned substance clenbuterol, which boosts metabolism and burns fat, when he won his world title by beating Ruslan Chagaev in Chechnya earlier this month.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I really believe that some dodgy is going on here, good to know that he didnt drink any liquid whilst he was there but they should have made sure his food was brought in for those 12 days, they could have checked all these sort of things before going to russia, i like the fact that he wanted an independent tester in VADA but that didnt seems to help at the end of the day.

Comment

I'd normally say yeah, whatever, but there was so much shadiness going on in that fight that I'm willing to give Lucas the benefit of the doubt here. At least until further evidence emerges.

Comment

It does seem weird that a Heavyweight would use clen, all it's useful for in boxing is cutting weight...

Comment

I believe him.

Comment

Thing is, Browne is kinda fat, but If he wanted to thin out and increase his stamina, there's healthy ways (diet, exercise) he could have done during camp. He knew that there was going to be OSTD and he knew he was fighting in freakin' Russia, and if he took something there was no chance he was going to get away with it. He had no incentive here.

I think the man is innocent, just my two cents.

Comment

Either way this case leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Comment

He's being stitched up. I'm 100% convinced of it.

A HW looking to cheat is not using Clen, it's just nonsensical. The fight in itself featured plenty of shady moments, early bells and late bells in Chagaev's favour and then this after he got KO'd.

Some tampering has gone on.

Comment

SHUT THE **** UP YOU GODDAMN CHEATER!!!! Get of out of boxing you PED abusing scumbag.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                    It does seem weird that a Heavyweight would use clen, all it's useful for in boxing is cutting weight...
                    Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    He's being stitched up. I'm 100% convinced of it.

A HW looking to cheat is not using Clen, it's just nonsensical. The fight in itself featured plenty of shady moments, early bells and late bells in Chagaev's favour and then this after he got KO'd.

Some tampering has gone on.
                    You sure it's only used to lose weight? It's a bronchodilator and those can be used as PEDs.

Clenbuterol, marketed as Dilaterol, Spiropent, Ventipulmin[1], is a sympathomimetic amine used by sufferers of breathing disorders as a decongestant and bronchodilator. People with chronic breathing disorders such as asthma use this as a bronchodilator to make breathing easier. It is most commonly available as the hydrochloride salt, clenbuterol hydrochloride.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clenbuterol

Comment

Working...
                    X